Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

does a bent rim feel like a warped rotor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does a bent rim feel like a warped rotor?

I've been having an issue with a shake & vibration under normal driving & braking conditions so this is the course of action that I took.

1. new brake pads & rotors for front & rear(it was time for those! & replaced them myself)
2. new tires (failed inspection time to replace! took them to my local V.I.P. Auto)

After all this the problem went away for a few weeks then started to get worse & worse. So thought I had a rotor problem so I returned the rotors thinking they got warped(maybe a defective item) after that the problem was still there. So I brought it to a local guy(instead of a chain store) he checked the balance again and noticed the rim was bent & couldnt be balanced properly. Would the bent rim feel like a warped rotor? Tomorrow I'm taking the rim off and putting the donut on to see if its still there. Is that a waste of time? I know this is over kill on info but any help or suggestions would be greatly appericated. Thanks
Old 01-23-2009, 05:18 PM
FormerVendor

It yes could feel like a warped rotor, but you will feel it all the time not just when braking.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Teching In

I do feel it under both but its more noticable braking.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

yes it will feel like a warped rotor but, you will feel it all the time in the steering wheel and could be a lil more noticeable under braking. Rotate it to the rear and it wont be anywhere near as noticeable depending on the severity of the bend. If you throw the donut on, the car will probably pull to that side a lil but rotating would be better.

Quick Reply: does a bent rim feel like a warped rotor?