Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Installation Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Koni Installation Help!!!

Can anyone tell me why the bottom screws to my Konis are showing like this? Do the holes actually pivot? Bear in mind these screws have not been screwed in yet.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-25-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

They'll be fine once you tighten them down.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Ron, and is this why you told me to wait until the suspension was loaded to install the endlinks? I cant even screw on the nut right now, because it doesnt come through enough.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greekey
Thanks Ron, and is this why you told me to wait until the suspension was loaded to install the endlinks? I cant even screw on the nut right now, because it doesnt come through enough.
A good helper with that procedure are Rhino Ramps or similar (but just as safe) products. When you drive the front up on the ramps and chock the rears safely, you should have little of a problem getting the bolt through.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got my strut mounts to slide in to the engine bay. I got my front screws that are nutted on to slide in perfectly but my rear holes that are actually bolted down through the engine bay are not lining up properly. Do my strut mounts need aligned more?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you need to align up both holes a little better. When I re-assemble my front end I typically attach all the top bolts/nuts of the shock first before I attach it to the lower control arm. It makes it easier to align the bolt holes you are referring too.

BTW, you may want to replace those rubber endlinks with a set from Energy Suspension. The poly bushings will load the sway bar sooner than the rubber bushings which will reduce overall body roll, and give the car a much "crisper" feel on turn in.

Quick Reply: Koni Installation Help!!!