Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

torque arm..

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque arm..

the UMI non adj. arm is preset @ -2 degrees does anyone know the setting for the eldelbrock non adj? also anything bad i should know about the eldelbrock?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am pretty sure the Edelbrock is set to factory pinion angle... meaning it will not change the pinion angle of the car.

Any reason you are choosing Edelbrock over UMI? Just curious.. I will be glad to help!

Ryan
Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Teching In

price is my reason.. lol and will changing the pinion angle make anything noisy in the rear?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Price is understandable... we all have to watch our pennies.

This item kind of goes back to the old saying "you get what you pay for". Edelbrock makes great products... however there F-Body torque arm is merely a factory replacement only and under hard load we have seen many of them break. If you do a search you will see what I mean. Now if you just looking for a stock replacement it would be just fine. But if you plan on any racing I suggest giving us a shot.

Pinion angle can cause vibrations if set to severely... however our torque arm is set in a good location that will not cause this.

If you would be interested in our product shoot me a PM and I will be glad to help

Ryan
Old 01-28-2009, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

i have a spohn adjustable with loop and i have a question on how to adjust it after putting it on?iv never used one before and i know they half to be adj.any help would be nice.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:29 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by capt.ld
i have a spohn adjustable with loop and i have a question on how to adjust it after putting it on?iv never used one before and i know they half to be adj.any help would be nice.
Give me a call. I will step you through the process. Its easier to explain something over the phone rather than typing it out. Im in the office till 5:30pm est.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 AM
On The Tree

thanks ill do just that.but half to wait till weather gets better cant get the car out right now.but i will call you