NONSTOP bottoming

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I think I need more people to come in and support my shock recommendation

Hotckis springs aren't bad springs. I really don't think changing springs will fix your problem. You have a clearance issue with something. You should figure out what that is. In the meantime, better shocks will control the impact into whatever it is you are bottoming out on. Make sure the previous owner didn't remove or cut off the rear axle bumpstops.

Strano springs are great. I have them and love them. I don't believe they will fix your problem though. You most likely have a shock dampening problem and sounds like you might have a clearance issue with something as well

Going to stock springs will lessen the need for more expensive shocks like Konis as a wider range of shocks do a pretty good job dampening them, but again I don't think just swapping them and nothing else will fix anything.
Yeah, if the factory shocks are still on the car New/better shocks are defiantly in order!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not bottomed out yet with my Strano setup and Koni shocks, not even driving through dips in the road or speed bumps.

I'm sure the shocks have a big part to play in that as well as the springs.

I would ask yourself which setup you really want them save up/wait to get it. It will be worth it in the end.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i just figured out what my bottoming out/riding like **** problem was. My konis are shot. Gonna call Koni next week sometime after i get my rears out to see if they are bad too.

Quick Reply: NONSTOP bottoming