Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help with cars handling

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with cars handling

I have a 94 Trans Am, I have rebuilt the entire front end, new bushings, upper/lower ball joints, inner/outer tie rods, you name it. I do not get uneven tire wear. My problem is that my car follows ever line in the road. I know I have 275/40-17's in the front, but really this is excessive in my opinion, and I feel it is wearing out my new parts. Stock ride height and stock alignment specs. Car will drive fine on smooth roads, no pulls or drifting. So what can I do to reduce this . And yes alot of the roads suck around where I live, they half *** repair them and put wavy lines in them with tar and small gravel that gets embedded into the road surface. Looking for suggestions.

tia

andy schuck
Old 01-27-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andysc
I have a 94 Trans Am, I have rebuilt the entire front end, new bushings, upper/lower ball joints, inner/outer tie rods, you name it. I do not get uneven tire wear. My problem is that my car follows ever line in the road. I know I have 275/40-17's in the front, but really this is excessive in my opinion, and I feel it is wearing out my new parts. Stock ride height and stock alignment specs. Car will drive fine on smooth roads, no pulls or drifting. So what can I do to reduce this . And yes alot of the roads suck around where I live, they half *** repair them and put wavy lines in them with tar and small gravel that gets embedded into the road surface. Looking for suggestions.

tia

andy schuck
Wait, you have not aligned the car since the suspension upgrades?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Running slight toe in about 1/8" on each tire all but eliminated my trammeling(sp) and shows no exxagerated wear. Hell it may have been 1/16 toe each tire it's been a year and a half but it should be in the glove box

If your tire are already worn abnormally from the front being previously out of alignment that can do it too.

Quick Reply: Need help with cars handling