Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP bilstein or HD

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP bilstein or HD

i was on lmperformance and i was just wondering the difference between the bilstein shocks from SLP that come on the SLP SS's and the bilstein HD's that they have. they are both similar price wise. do the HD's suck or what. anyone have an HD or SLP set up and like them. enlighten me fellas.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: SLP bilstein or HD

SLP has a re-valved version for the front, many recommend the re-valved Bilsteins if you have a lowered car ( I notice you do ). My car is lowered and as of now I've only installed the Bilstein HD in the rear ( they work great ), when I do the fronts I'm going with the Bilstein HD shocks not the re-valved ones.

Al
Old 10-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Launching!

im getting a new set up on friday and i already getting rid of my springs and shocks b/c im getting lt's true duels cam and spec st 3. i dont want the springs any more cause of thground clearance issues. i want to go with the bilsteins but dont want my 315's to rub in the rear. when i had the stock pos shocks they rubbed a little on the bumpstop and the inner wheel well. i know i need to do the BFH mod and roll the fenders but didnt the SLP SS come an inch lower with their bilstein shcoks over the reg. SS? my friend put on his 315's when he got his SLP SS and i did the same with my non SLP SS. i had some clearance issues and he didnt. im kinda lost and dont know what i should do
Old 10-08-2003, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't see shocks making any difference in how low the car sit's, springs can make a difference in the height of a car. What is a "BFH" mod?
Old 10-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Launching!

the big fuc*ing hammer mod. bang in those wheel wells to add more room for 315's. anyone know if the stock SLP SS's came with different springs to make it sit a little lower?
Old 10-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, if you order a set of Eibachs from SLP they are slightly revised and only lower the car about one inch. I have the SLP springs and have had my 315's on for some time with no problems> Did you get a new panhard rod, that makes a difference, anyways heres the link for the SLP Eibachs, they have slp stamped on the coil.

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...;SHOWEMAIL=Off

As far as the HD's, they seem to give a slightly harsher ride than the SLP's but not an extremely noticable difference. I would say go with the HD's because they will be cheaper, StranoParts.com has a full set for 329.00
Old 10-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Launching!

thanks sleepy i think i will go with the slp eibach springs. and i do have a BMR adj. PHR.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

I asked that same question numerous times while I was trying to make a decision on shocks. As was stated in the first response the SLP Bilsteing are revalved. But only the fronts. The rears are regualr old Bilstein HD's (not that there is anything wrong wiht those). I have the Bilstein HD's on my car with Hotchkis lowering springs and love it! Either way they will be great. For better performance go with the HD's for a smoother ride go with the SLP's. Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

Has anybody tried the Edelbrock shocks?
The fronts are coil overs that replace the standard coil spring, the rears are recommended for use with the Eibach springs. The fronts are rather pricey though ($220 ea) rears are $75 ea.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

I have the Bilstein HD's on my car accompanied by the LGM Hypercoils. My car is driven daily & had this set up for approx 1 yr with ZERO problems. I also have the LG adj. phr & sways.......
just my .02.