Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need traction

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need traction

I am having traction issues. I have a 00 a4 3:23gears with long tubes, true duals, cai, mail order tune. i have 18x9.5 vette wheels with 275/35/r18 raptor directional tires. Not sure how well they are for traction. They used to be in the summit racing mag. I have done the heater hose mod. I recently got LCA relo. brackets and new shocks to try and help out my traction issue. I have the LCA relo brackets at the lowest setting. Im not sure if anyone else has this issue. But, on my down shift to first at wide open throttle going anywhere from 5-35 it looses it. At the lower MPH range it starts burning tires and sliding sideways. if i hit it at like 30 it burns tires untill about 50mph or more but stays straight. today i hit it at like 30 and it spun for like 100 yards. When i look in the mirror theres all kinds of tire smoke back there. You would think i had a heads/cam car or something. Its awsome and all but i wanna hook. Does anyone else have such a issue with traction. What can i do to hook up?
Old 02-06-2009, 07:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Traction Question

Hello,
Is the car lowered and what type of spring and shock do you have? Sounds like you need to go with a lighter spring to transfer the weight to allow the car to hook! Or it might be a tire issue! Just some food for thought for you. If you have any other questions or problems feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks Brad
Old 02-06-2009, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by xTraViSx
I am having traction issues. I have a 00 a4 3:23gears with long tubes, true duals, cai, mail order tune. i have 18x9.5 vette wheels with 275/35/r18 raptor directional tires. Not sure how well they are for traction. They used to be in the summit racing mag. I have done the heater hose mod. I recently got LCA relo. brackets and new shocks to try and help out my traction issue. I have the LCA relo brackets at the lowest setting. Im not sure if anyone else has this issue. But, on my down shift to first at wide open throttle going anywhere from 5-35 it looses it. At the lower MPH range it starts burning tires and sliding sideways. if i hit it at like 30 it burns tires untill about 50mph or more but stays straight. today i hit it at like 30 and it spun for like 100 yards. When i look in the mirror theres all kinds of tire smoke back there. You would think i had a heads/cam car or something. Its awsome and all but i wanna hook. Does anyone else have such a issue with traction. What can i do to hook up?

Hello, your tires are your biggest culpret. The cars not going to hook real well on those tires. You can try playing with the air pressure. Also try moving your lower control arm up one hole. If you have any questions about your setup give me a call. Im in the office till 5:30 est.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: need traction