Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Poly mount problems?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poly mount problems?!?!

I installed poly motor mounts on my 97 and I started getting a weird vibration ( almost sounds like a rub) somewhere in the driveline under hard acceleration. I figured that it might be cuz I left the stock tranny mount so I replaced the stocker with a poly and now it is worse than ever. The vibration is terrible and I can't really pin point where it is coming from because my headers are now banging on the floorboard. WTF is this normal for the prothanes?? Has anyone else had this problem with poly mounts?? What did you do to fix it??
Old 02-07-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

there wasn't a chassis section so I figured you guys lurking in the suspension section would no more about poly than anyone else, umm no habla??
Old 02-21-2009, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Poly is harder than rubber, it's going to transfer more vibration to the chassis.
If you have an vibration, you're gonna know about it 5-fold LOL

No issues with headers hitting anything though, my hookers still fit as well as they did with the stock mounts on there.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got poly motor tranny, and torque arm mounts. the vibrations are there, but its not unbearable. but i must say, the benefits sure outweigh the negatives on this issue
Old 02-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

I did motor mounts when I did heads and cam. I felt the wierd vibrations too. I figured it was due to the cam being really aggressive. I later did the tranny mount and that doubled the vibrations. It's like I can feel the flywheel turning. Car def. feels more solid. Anymore I feel or hear something wierd I figure it's just the nature of the beast.