Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Specs on alignment for DD

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Specs on alignment for DD

Lowered my car today. Going to get an alignment sometime this week.

What type of numbers should I ask for? I will be taking it to a very reputable alignment shop in town.

My car is a Daily Driver and never sees and type of autocross. So im looking for a setup that will be gentle on the tires.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

I like stock setting , I am lowered 1 1/2 in, I get 40k on one set and 44 k on last set, I run high tire pressure , chk air each 2-3 wks, rotate each 5 k miles, do same and get same on wife's car
just my .02' Johnny
Old 02-10-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best advise I got was to get as close to -.9 to -1 camber, high positive of stock range on Caster, and as close to 0 toe as possible without going negative toe. The alignment guy got me these numbers

-.9 Camber
5.2 on Caster
0 toe

I am very happy with how the car handles on the street hasn't been long enough to tell what tire wear is going to be like though. But the additional negative camber may wear a little more than if I kept it in stock range.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

that last post is dead on for a DD. I'm on a strano setup and tried many setups via home alignment and settled on -1 to -1.2 camber, 5 caster and zero toe. My tire's are wearing dead even across with 32F and 29R psi and ride great.

I do drive harder than anyone. If you are easy on the course corrections, then .75 camber might suite you best.

Over inflating tires is not the best setup. It is a bandaid for suspension deficiencies.

Quick Reply: Specs on alignment for DD