Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Grippin the corner and the dig.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grippin the corner and the dig.

Had a couple questions and I only make this post cuz I have never gotten the legendary SEARCH function to work... it just turns up zip no matter what i search up.

I wanna do my susp mods first cuz it just makes sense to get the foundation work laid out then build the power on top of it. And it seems like the smart ppl say the same thing anyway.

So Im not trying to win any autocross races or anything I just wanna have a DD street car handle better than it does now as far as huggin the curves and response to bumps or holes in the role. I also dont wanna hurt the 1/4 mile aspect at the same time.

So far im thinking koni/strano 4/4's, sway bars, sfc's, and a lighter k-member. I have a grasp on the function of each of these and why they would do what they're designed to do. side note: I know sfc's is a drag racing mod to avoid a twisted frame but what effect would it have on a road race situation?

Im also lookin at a torque arm and lca's. These, I know the result of adding them but I dont grasp what they are doing to cause the results.

Oh yea btw another side question. Eliminating rain or snow from the equation how would some good drag radials effect cornering?

These are about the only susp mods I care to do cuz im not trying to seriously compete or anything. I was just wandering if you guys have any suggestions on my casual approach to a better handling ride while keeping it quick down the line for my power mods.

'02 Camaro SS A4 w/ 49k btw.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I'd be happy to talk with you by phone and answer all your questions (well any I can...).

All the parts you listed are useful. I don't know that you need them all... that sort of depends on what you think about things now and what tendencies the car has already.

I sell all those parts except drag radials. Drag radials don't handle too badly, but it really depends on what front tires they are matched to. A super stiff front tire and a DR rear would be a bit disjointed.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sam I hear nothing but top notch things about you and your products. I'll have to find some time to chat with ya.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Here a few ideas!

Hello,
Anytime you are going to be modifying your vehicle SFC's are a really good idea whether its our 3 point or 2 point all depends on what you are going to run HP wise. They are all used either on the street, drag racing, auto cross... they are not a needed item but we highly recommend them. For the torque arm I would recommend a full length adjustable to allow you to set a correct pinion angle once you lower the vehicle. And as far as LCA's I would recommend a adjustable with a poly bushing on one end and a rod end on the other to allow the rear end to articulate correctly. I hope this could get you going in the right direction. And if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!

Also give Sam a call... he carries all our products and is great to talk with.

Thanks Again
Brad

Last edited by UMI Sales; 02-11-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Grippin the corner and the dig.