Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

torque arms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009 | 08:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque arms?

What is the better arm? The longer trans mount stock style or the shorter tunnel mount? The car will be driven on the street some and will see many weekends at the track.

88mm turb,383/ th400(4200 stall)/(9" (355's)
Old 02-10-2009 | 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

How much power are you making?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 02-10-2009 | 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

I will be glad to help with your torque arm choice.

Based on our description of the vehicle it appears the car will be putting down some good power... also with a 9" and big tires the car is going to launch hard. With this type of set-up you do not want the torque arm bolted to the tail shaft of the car. I would recommend one of the shorter tunnel mounted torque arms. They work excellent on a drag car and are also street friendly. They also fit very well on the Moser 9" and its adjustable to change pinion angle. They can also be purchased with a built in NHRA legal drive shaft loop. I posted a link below to the item I would recommend, please take a look.

www.umiperformance.com/2203

Another factory when choosing a torque arm is the exhaust you are running, what is your correct exhaust set-up?

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. That is the answer I was looking for. The exhaus on the car now is an open 5" down pipe that dumps just behind the right frount tire.
As far as power I dont know right now as to the car is not all the way together. Hopin for it to be done by may. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by suspectz28
Thanks. That is the answer I was looking for. The exhaus on the car now is an open 5" down pipe that dumps just behind the right frount tire.
As far as power I dont know right now as to the car is not all the way together. Hopin for it to be done by may. Thanks for the info.
Great, thanks for the info as well!

Since the exhaust isn't a concern the tunnel mounted torque arm will be your best choice. If you don't ever plan on running the exhaust down the tunnel again you can go with this item which offers more ground clearance- www.umiperformance.com/2201

Let me know if you would have anymore questions. Thanks!
Ryan

Quick Reply: torque arms?