Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What about this shock / spring combo for drag?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about this shock / spring combo for drag?

I am wanting to go with a budget spring / shock kit. This car cuts 1.66 on the stock shocks and springs and my goal for a motor 60' is only a low 1.5. I want to use the comp engineering shocks in the rear and the adjustable KYB's on the front. My question is, if I use this combo can I reuse the stock springs or will I at least need to buy the 275 QA1 springs to lower the car in the front? Will lowering the front help any... or will leaving it how it is with the adjustable shock be ok? Am I right to assume that the KYB shocks will allow the front of the car to come up even more than the stock shocks? As you can see the car already sits like a 4x4 which I don't mind... as long as it hooks.

Thank you.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

KYB's a drag shock? I didn't think KYB made a drag shock. If its a regular KYB adjustable shocks it will be valved for handling and won't allow weight transfer like a real drag shock. If you want a drag setup just get QA1's or Strange shocks.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
KYB's a drag shock? I didn't think KYB made a drag shock. If its a regular KYB adjustable shocks it will be valved for handling and won't allow weight transfer like a real drag shock. If you want a drag setup just get QA1's or Strange shocks.
This board seems to really love them, which is fine but at 180 a pop... the KYB's are half as much. If they will function even half as good..... that will be fine for me.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stock shocks.. especially worn stock shocks, are decent drag shocks. I'm betting KYB's will be worse for weight transfer than stockers. The car should handle better with KYB's than the stockers.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
Stock shocks.. especially worn stock shocks, are decent drag shocks. I'm betting KYB's will be worse for weight transfer than stockers. The car should handle better with KYB's than the stockers.
So leave the suspension up front and just do the rear shocks... that should improve the 60?