Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI LCA's and Relocation Brackets=Awesome

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI LCA's and Relocation Brackets=Awesome

Thanks a bunch UMI. My car feels tons better now, more located, more stable and very planted now, plus a bunch of my creeks and rattles are gone!
Now im hooked on suspension modification, dammit.

Anyway, very worthwile mod, wish i would have done it sooner. Tie rods and end are next
Old 02-20-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PIZDETS
Thanks a bunch UMI. My car feels tons better now, more located, more stable and very planted now, plus a bunch of my creeks and rattles are gone!

Anyway, very worthwile mod, wish i would have done it sooner. Tie rods and end are next
Good to hear, just got this setup put on, but havnt drove the vehicle yet due to the freaking weather
Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up Great

Originally Posted by PIZDETS

Hello,
You are very welcome! We are glad that you are satisfied with your product. Leave us know what you think about the performance when the weather clears!
Thanks again,
Brad
Old 02-20-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
....Let us know what you think about the performance when the weather clears!
Thanks again,
Brad
Man, I wish the weather would clear here!! Hard to believe that most of the snow melted, and I actually raked up part of my yard this past Wednesay....and we got 4 more inches of snow today! In fact, it's snowing now, and we're supposed to get another 2-3" by tomorrow afternoon.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

i hate thatttt! i've done 1/2 of my mods since the beginning of winter and i have yet to fully test them.

cheap summer tires+30 degrees=no traction

i have yet to feel a good WOT 1-2 shift in my car since lt's/tune/lca's. when i hit 3k rpm in first the tires just rip loose and it shifts into 2nd before i even start accelerating haha.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Its snowing and windy here in Pennsylvania too
Old 02-21-2009, 04:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Coulds someone explain to me exactly what the LCA and relocation bracket does, and why its an advantage? Sorry, newb to suspension really. I was lucky enough to buy my first three trans ams with racing suspension already on them!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

chicago here and and easy 4 inches outside..........im interested in the lca relocation brackets too. now
Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Relocation brackets re-posistion your rear control arm angle after vehicle lowering. When a vehicle is lowered, the angle of the rear control arms on the rear are forced to be put in almost of a parallel to the ground scenario. Brackets fix this problem so you get your traction back. Go to Umi's website and check out the pictures of them installed on a car, they are helpful.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Greekey
Relocation brackets re-posistion your rear control arm angle after vehicle lowering. When a vehicle is lowered, the angle of the rear control arms on the rear are forced to be put in almost of a parallel to the ground scenario. Brackets fix this problem so you get your traction back. Go to Umi's website and check out the pictures of them installed on a car, they are helpful.

On my car, after lowering, the LCA's were actually pointing downward (front lower than rear)
Old 02-22-2009, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

My car is not lowered yet, but the difference is significant, it feels like the whole rear suspension is tightened like a fist! Also, my turning radius is less. I tried a couple of standing starts and my tire marks are ALOT darker, and weight transfer is almost immediately translated into forward motion, very cool
Old 02-22-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

my friend just got done installing UMI LCA, relocation brackets and subframe connectors and says the car is completely different. No rattles, and a whole lot more stable feeling.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Launching!

It also eliminates wheel hop.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Ha Ha Houston here about 65 degrees and headed to Houston Race Way to do some playin. I couldn't imagine the weather you guys go threw up north it snowed here a month or so ago and was 70 degrees the next day. Actually I'm 31 years old and that was the second snow I ever seen. I'm looking to do some suspension work myself and would like some priceing on your mods
Old 02-22-2009, 05:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rusty2198
Ha Ha Houston here about 65 degrees and headed to Houston Race Way to do some playin. I couldn't imagine the weather you guys go threw up north it snowed here a month or so ago and was 70 degrees the next day. Actually I'm 31 years old and that was the second snow I ever seen. I'm looking to do some suspension work myself and would like some priceing on your mods
Must be nice! Its 29 here and snowing.... its getting old and we are ready to get our cars back out! Here is a link to the relocation brackets they are referring to- www.umiperformance.com/2012

If you have any additional questions please ask. Thank you!

Ryan
Old 02-22-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

LOL.86 degrees here in Paradise but we have no track as of now.have to go to maui to run at the track.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Would I benefit with these with a normal well almost normal (heater hose mod) suspension
Old 02-23-2009, 08:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Must be nice! Its 29 here and snowing.... its getting old and we are ready to get our cars back out!
Ryan

Yesterday afternoon, it got up to 33-34 for a couple of hours, so I washed my truck and my wife's car. It got colder as the day went on, and snowed a little over night. Right now, it started up again, and the weather man is predicting another 3-4 inches today!!! It's that real light, fluffy stuff, called "lake effect snow".

I live about a mile from the Lake Ontario shoreline, and the wind cranks up over the lake, swirls up the moisture, and re-deposits it as snow.

I still get a chuckle when I think about the discussions a few months ago about snow tires. One fellow, who lives in my original home town in New Jersey, thought 14" of snow annually was a lot of snow! So far this season, we're right around 100", and I'm sure we'll get one at least more storm before winter is over.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Performance

If you have any additional questions please ask. Thank you!

Ryan
I have some UMI Relocation Brackets being shipped as we speak. I was planning on just running the stock LCA's. Is there really a noticable difference between stock LCA's and yours in a mostly street driven car. Obviously yours tubular arms are stonger for high horsepower situations but just wanted some feedback.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
I have some UMI Relocation Brackets being shipped as we speak. I was planning on just running the stock LCA's. Is there really a noticable difference between stock LCA's and yours in a mostly street driven car. Obviously yours tubular arms are stonger for high horsepower situations but just wanted some feedback.
I feel you will notice a better improvement with a set of lower control arms as well. With the brackets they are going to put more strain on the factory control arms, the bushings will deflect more and the control arm may flex more. Maybe try them with the stock control arms and see how it acts first.

Hope that helps!
Ryan

Quick Reply: UMI LCA's and Relocation Brackets=Awesome