Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adj Pan Hard Bar, Will they know?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adj Pan Hard Bar, Will they know?

I have a question and I know this can vary greatly from dealership/shop. I have no good alignment shops in my state, and the only place that can do it is a dealership. Now the previous owner of the car had it dropped but kept the stock PanHard Bar. So I am going to buy an Adjustable one. My question is, should anyone who deals with aligning cars know how to adjust it? And if not, how do I enplane it to him? I wish I had the damn equipment to do this myself damn it. I hate it when other people work on my vehicles.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless your doing a four wheel alignment they wont need to know, but if they are you will need to explain to them how to adjust it. And if the car is lowered they will need to adjust it for shore. Buy a duel adjustable PHR so you wont haft to drop it every time you need to move it. To explain to them how to adjust it , would be brake both jam nuts, then turn the PHR out will shift the body to the left , or turn it in will shift the body to the right. Pretty simple.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
I have a question and I know this can vary greatly from dealership/shop. I have no good alignment shops in my state, and the only place that can do it is a dealership. Now the previous owner of the car had it dropped but kept the stock PanHard Bar. So I am going to buy an Adjustable one. My question is, should anyone who deals with aligning cars know how to adjust it? And if not, how do I enplane it to him? I wish I had the damn equipment to do this myself damn it. I hate it when other people work on my vehicles.

Hello, installing and adjusting the pan hard bar is a piece of cake. All you need to do the install and adjustments are basic hand tools. I type way to slow to tell you the adjustment procedure but it is very easy. If you can give me a call and i will step you thru it. If you have basic hand tools and some mechanical knowledge you can do the install yourself.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

hes not asking how to install it. hes asking about getting the alignment. its best to have it done by a competent shop. itll be worth it to drive 50 miles to get to a good place. installing is basic bolt out/bolt in.

you can, however, do the rear alignment yourself. it wont be perfectly accurate and itll take a while, but its possible. jack the rear, supporting it on stands under the rear frame rails. you have to tape a plumbob or some type of weighted string, hanging off the top of the rear fender. you then measure from the string to a flat spot on the wheel, either the flat edge of the rim (if you have one) or someplace in the center, like if you have a flat centercap. then, measure the other side in the exact same place. you adjust the PHB to get equal readings from both sides. its easiest with a double adjustable PHB, since you wont have to take it off the car each time. whatever bar you get, make sure the adj. is at the ends of the bar, not in the middle. those are weaker then the end adjustable ones.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

My mistake. i thought he was asking if the alignment shop could install and adjust his panhard bar.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for your help guys, and I am going to go with a BMR Adj Panhard Bar. When I bought the car it already had a BMR non Adj Torque bar so I figure might as well keep going with BMR. Even though I have heard good things about both UMI and BMR I am just going to stick with BMR. (No debates/arguments on brands guys)
Old 03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thanks for your help guys, and I am going to go with a BMR Adj Panhard Bar. When I bought the car it already had a BMR non Adj Torque bar so I figure might as well keep going with BMR. Even though I have heard good things about both UMI and BMR I am just going to stick with BMR. (No debates/arguments on brands guys)

Thank you for your loyalty. We have several different designs for the adjustable bars. Our poly/rod combo articulates better than the poly/poly version and also is a better value. Give me a call if you have any questions or would like to place an order.
Attached Thumbnails Adj Pan Hard Bar, Will they know?-phr010rsmall.jpg   Adj Pan Hard Bar, Will they know?-phr002.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Thank you for your loyalty. We have several different designs for the adjustable bars. Our poly/rod combo articulates better than the poly/poly version and also is a better value. Give me a call if you have any questions or would like to place an order.
the poly/rod is the red one, correct? I have been told by a couple of people that it is also stronger then some of the other Adj Designs. Is this true? I should be about ready to order at the end of the month. I will be upgrading all of my suspension by June
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

dealerships suspension tech should be able to hook you up. Years ago when I worked for Chrysler Dodge (wasted 10 years of my life LOL) I would align lifted trucks all the time and had to adjust the aftermarket trac bars(panhard) hard to explain but when doing a 4 wheel align you can adjust thrust angle any good alignment tech will be able to nail it right on the money.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rusty2198
dealerships suspension tech should be able to hook you up. Years ago when I worked for Chrysler Dodge (wasted 10 years of my life LOL) I would align lifted trucks all the time and had to adjust the aftermarket trac bars(panhard) hard to explain but when doing a 4 wheel align you can adjust thrust angle any good alignment tech will be able to nail it right on the money.

I agree, but you're assuming that he can find A) a good alignment man; and B) they are familiar with, and will work with, aftermarket "speed parts". Sometimes, those aren't easy things to do, depending on where you live.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

the poly/rod is the red one, correct? I have been told by a couple of people that it is also stronger then some of the other Adj Designs. Is this true? I should be about ready to order at the end of the month. I will be upgrading all of my suspension by June

Yes the poly/rod one is the red one and its only $5 more than the poly/poly version. With the adjuster on the very end it is stronger than the ones with the adjuster in the middle. When you get ready to order give me a call.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Yes the poly/rod one is the red one and its only $5 more than the poly/poly version. With the adjuster on the very end it is stronger than the ones with the adjuster in the middle. When you get ready to order give me a call.
Roger that