Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction w/ lowered car

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:46 PM
Teching In

Default Traction w/ lowered car

Went to the track last night for the first time after my header intstall and traction was HORRIBLE. I could tell I was making a lot more power but I could do any thing with it. Current setup is in sig. I am waiting to install: SLP subframes, BMR control arms and relocation brackets. Will these make me hook as good as a stock ride height car. Do I need some more goodies to pick up all the traction I lost. I will soon have some Nittos but do I need to look into struts and shocks as well to take advantage of them?
Old 10-15-2003 | 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Traction w/ lowered car

I had to put in relocation brackets after dropping, no traction and wheel hop up the a**, with my gears traction is an issue and if I ever get any my 10 bolt will probably disintegrate.Used a set of drag radials once heated them up real good and it was scary, thought I would need to be towed home.
Old 10-19-2003 | 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Seems like I read a post about how lowered and drag racing don't go together, something about the geometry is not right.
Old 10-19-2003 | 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

put on either BMR or Spohn LCA relocation brackets and some LCAs as well. traction is about 90% tire, but lowering without the brackets messes up the geometry. with my 4.11 geared auto i have pulled low 1.5x on a car slammed nearly 2" so belive me it can easily be done.