Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I love suspension stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I love suspension stuff.

So.. I decided to drive around today in the snow, in the Camaro. We had about 4-8" and the roads were so-so. I had subframe connectors put on soon after I bought the car, and I recently just installed Spohn LCAs with Poly bushings, and relocation brackets, set to the lowest setting.

I drove the car in the rain with the relocation brackets and LCAs, and it was very stable and planted, with increased amounts of traction.

But how would it do in the snow?

Well... great. I was flooring in 3" of snow and it was just spinning forward, not fishtailing all over the road. The suspension now is very stable and easy to predict compared the stock style suspension that would dart out on you on a whim. I never really thought this suspension stuff actually did anything THAT dramatic. Just had to share my amazement.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love suspension components too! You don't need to run 10s in the quarter mile to have fun!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HAha Great!!!

Somthin I'll never know down here in NC but mostly cause the old Z-71 gets it 's feeling hurt if it doesn't get the snow duty call on those rare occassions