Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Pro Kit Vs Sportline Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Pro Kit Vs Sportline Kit

Looking for people with either kit, I'm looking to lower my 94 Z28 but am looking for an advantage in drag racing and also overall appearance.

Got a pic of your ride on Pro's or Sportline's? Post Um Up and your opinions.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you dont get a GOOD set of shocks with the Sportlines, your car will ride like a M1 Abrams tank. The stance of the sportlines is incredible and it handles great, but I say the prokit will be the best bet.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousJunkie
Looking for people with either kit, I'm looking to lower my 94 Z28 but am looking for an advantage in drag racing and also overall appearance.

Any Lowering springs will hurt your launch if anything, not give you any advantages. You can do a search for both springs and see who likes/dislikes what and why. But in general you will find that the sportlines are the arguably worst springs you can buy for our cars because they are too low, and don't have nearly enough rate for the drop.

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
If you dont get a GOOD set of shocks with the Sportlines, your car will ride like a M1 Abrams tank. The stance of the sportlines is incredible and it handles great, but I say the prokit will be the best bet.
Sportlines handle great compared to what? I can't imagine an fbody handling good while riding the bumpstops...
Old 03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you like the rear end sagging and bottoming out all the time
Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
Care to explain in more detail why sportlines handle great?

get that sportline flame suit ready
Old 03-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Teching In

I had a prokit on mine and had them taken off .. its bad when you rub your y-pipe all over town and have to avoid certain streets and stuff. Its now back to stock height and have true duels (another reason for the change) I should have just saved for adjust. struts and could set it any way I liked it or change it when needed.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

I bought a set of sportlines before I had a chance to read up on how terribly they're received on this board. Had I read that, I never would have bought them since I definitely trust this board on things like that. But what the hell, I bought them (as well as a set of KYB AGX's) so I figured I'd at least throw them on and see what happened.

As soon as I finished installing them and was about to take it for a spin around the block, I completely expected to be bottoming out everywhere and that I'd be bouncing around like a car on cut springs. This was not the case AT ALL. Yes, it rides rougher than stock, but I'd expect that with any lowered car. Overall, I barely notice a difference between my current setup vs my stock setup on 90% of the roads around here. (I wondered if maybe my stock shock/spring setup was worn/bad, but the stock shocks werent leaking and everything looked fine) I figured I'd be feeling every tiny bump and crack in the road since that's what everyone said would happen--but I don't. I definitely don't think they're as bad as most people make them out to be. Granted I do hear/feel it hit the bumpstops over railroad tracks or if I'm not paying attention and hit a bad spot in the road, but it's not a constant occurrence like I figured it'd be, and I live in Michigan--we don't exactly have the greatest roads.

If you're wanting the best handling spring/shock combo, they're not for you. They feel more responsive to me than stock, but that's probably in my head for the most part. And if you're wanting a good drag racing combo, don't even bother lowering a car because you'll always hurt your times.

I'm sure all the Strano/Koni fanboys are going to jump down your throat here any minute, so I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in on how they worked for me. I dont doubt for a second that the strano/koni combo is the better choice handling wise...but based solely on price difference and looks, I prefer the sportline/KYB combo.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pro Kit...easy choice.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Lowering a car does not ALWAYS hurt your traction. Lowering the car with springs that have a shitty spring rate will, but a proper spring rate will actually help traction. That being said, Eibachs dont exactly have the best rates. So pick your poison, traction or looks.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by -LS1-
I'm sure all the Strano/Koni fanboys are going to jump down your throat here any minute, so I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in on how they worked for me. I dont doubt for a second that the strano/koni combo is the better choice handling wise...but based solely on price difference and looks, I prefer the sportline/KYB combo.
Nah we won't jump down your throat . Sportlines are arguably the least liked spring type on this board. Though suspension preference is personal taste in the end. I think the stock ride height looks the best while most people don't, so I'm in the minority in that category.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sportlines serve one purpose:To give that slammed look.
Pro-kit, while a better set of springs, is still a tad bit soft. Especially the rears (which will sag). The slightly softer than average fronts, however, gave a nice ride.
My setup on my 2000 Trans Am:
Front Springs: Pro-kit
Rear Springs: Strano
Shocks: Koni 4/3s
Sway Bars: Strano
The car was simply amazing with this setup.
Now Strano needs to start experimenting with G8s
Old 05-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Teching In

i put my eibachs (pros) in two years ago shortly after a moser 12 bolt. it handles great but rides so bad (also in MI, GR) that i have driven it maybe 20 times in the last two summers. If you ever plan on putting a larger rear end in, good luck, I guess its an easy way to keep mileage down considering you will end up hating driving it anywhere on these roads. If we had smooth even roads around here, they probably would be fine. rides great on brand new roads but any little valleys i go across over 40 or so, the bumpstops smack nice and hard. also say goodbye to any driveway entrance with any angle to it, i think i got about three inches of clearance at the bend in the middle of my exhaust.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JuicyJay
i put my eibachs (pros) in two years ago shortly after a moser 12 bolt. it handles great but rides so bad (also in MI, GR) that i have driven it maybe 20 times in the last two summers. If you ever plan on putting a larger rear end in, good luck, I guess its an easy way to keep mileage down considering you will end up hating driving it anywhere on these roads. If we had smooth even roads around here, they probably would be fine. rides great on brand new roads but any little valleys i go across over 40 or so, the bumpstops smack nice and hard. also say goodbye to any driveway entrance with any angle to it, i think i got about three inches of clearance at the bend in the middle of my exhaust.
If your car still has the rear bumpstop spacers on it, I would remove them for a slightly better ride quality!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Teching In

I have the eibach pro kit should I put it in or get rid of it
not hearing good things I have 20s on there would it even be worth it

Last edited by 2000 WS-6; 06-29-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-29-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2000 WS-6
I have the eibach pro kit should I put it in or get rid of it
not hearing good things I have 20s on there would it even be worth it
The LT1 pro-kit(front 377-600,rear 94-160) is the better of the two, with a lot better spring rates than the LS1 pro-kit(front 400,rear 80-137), but the LS1 pro-kit is still clearly a better choice than the Sportlines (front 360,rear 80-137).
Furthermore, high tire pressure, and settling for cheap shocks are two things that will both kill your ride quality.

FYI, I've had Kenny Brown Hypercoil springs on my car after having a LT1 pro-kit on it, and it rode a lot better in the rear of the car. Probably because the rear spring rate's a lot higher(168-216) than the LT1 Pro-kit (94-160) and you not hitting the bump stop as hard/often, as the pro-kit
Old 06-29-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by -LS1-
I bought a set of sportlines before I had a chance to read up on how terribly they're received on this board. Had I read that, I never would have bought them since I definitely trust this board on things like that. But what the hell, I bought them (as well as a set of KYB AGX's) so I figured I'd at least throw them on and see what happened.

As soon as I finished installing them and was about to take it for a spin around the block, I completely expected to be bottoming out everywhere and that I'd be bouncing around like a car on cut springs. This was not the case AT ALL. Yes, it rides rougher than stock, but I'd expect that with any lowered car. Overall, I barely notice a difference between my current setup vs my stock setup on 90% of the roads around here. (I wondered if maybe my stock shock/spring setup was worn/bad, but the stock shocks werent leaking and everything looked fine) I figured I'd be feeling every tiny bump and crack in the road since that's what everyone said would happen--but I don't. I definitely don't think they're as bad as most people make them out to be. Granted I do hear/feel it hit the bumpstops over railroad tracks or if I'm not paying attention and hit a bad spot in the road, but it's not a constant occurrence like I figured it'd be, and I live in Michigan--we don't exactly have the greatest roads.

If you're wanting the best handling spring/shock combo, they're not for you. They feel more responsive to me than stock, but that's probably in my head for the most part. And if you're wanting a good drag racing combo, don't even bother lowering a car because you'll always hurt your times.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/black_97mustang/1-2.png[/IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/black_97mustang/2.png[/IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/black_97mustang/3.png[/IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/black_97mustang/4.png[/IMG]
Well the main thing is your happy with your choice, and at least you didn't go with cut stock coils, And you car does look good at that ride height!

Last edited by Xsta Z 28; 07-10-2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Do Not Quote Pics!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NitrousJunkie

Hotchkis , Strano's, and BMR spring should also be on your list!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

I love the stance that the Sportlines give my car specially with the 18/19 wheel combo that I have. Handling has not been affected and I don't worry about bumps because it's not an offroad vehicle that's why I drive on paved roads! Launch has not been affected either since I have continuously obtained the same 60's as before the Sportlines. If you want the slammed look, Sportlines are what you need. If not, go with Prokit. Overall opinion however points you a different way!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I drove a ls1 camaro w/red eibach springs and stock shocks, it slammed to the ground, but the ride war bad,

I run bilstein shocks, vogtland springs and spohn swaybars, and it feels much better than the eibach's
Old 07-09-2009, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

isnt that why they make the LCA relocation brackets?? if u want traction w/ your lowered car...

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro Kit Vs Sportline Kit