Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New shocks needed any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New shocks needed any suggestions?

Hi, mY 02 trans am rides a bit ruff , I may change tires ,but I believe it is the shocks that cause the hard jarring ride over bumbs. I want a nice feel being its a sports car but don't need to feel every bump. Any suggestions appreciated, about how much to buy and install if you know. Thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steelbird
Hi, mY 02 trans am rides a bit ruff , I may change tires ,but I believe it is the shocks that cause the hard jarring ride over bumbs. I want a nice feel being its a sports car but don't need to feel every bump. Any suggestions appreciated, about how much to buy and install if you know. Thanks
A lot of people here will tell you to go with Koni's. First a couple of questions, are you lowered? Is this a street car?
Old 03-13-2009, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Like stated above, Konis are great shocks. Unfortunately, they are also quite expensive. I have Strano springs waiting to go on with Bilstein shocks. What are your goals for your car?
Old 03-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Teching In

This car is not lowered , I just plan on driving it as a daily driver during the nice months of the year in CT. No plans on racing, Thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Strano spec Bilsteins are the best bet for your needs. The ride is excellent and the control is very good.

Bilstein front with Tokico rear will save you a little more coin and also makes for a good combination. Just make sure not to get the standard Bilstein set-up most vendors sell - the valving on the rear shocks is not suitable for our cars.