Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

E-brake ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-brake ?

Replaced brakes and rotors, went to set the ebrake and it didn't even engage, tried again and it set real low and I thought this is good.... went to get out of the car and it started to roll back.... guess that it doesn't set after all

where do I start to look? what to adjust?
the cable isn't moving at all and the handle is super hard to pull(engages low, but doesn't set)...my friend is a gm tech and said to try and lube the fitting above the drive shaft...? anything else to check?

I searched but found nothing...
Old 03-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 353 Likes on 322 Posts

Whenever you change the rear rotors, you need to re-adjust the e-brake at the star wheels inside each rotor hat. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ightening.html The inside of every rotor hat is different and the e-brake pads need to be adjusted to conform to the new measurements.

Did you actuate the e-brake while the rotors were off? (If so, that would have been a bad thing. It can cause the e-brake components to come apart and not work. If the rotors are on - no problem.)

You could also have one brake/rotor that is tight and one that is loose. The brakes are adjusted independently at each wheel. So, you may have one side hooking up (which stops the lever) and the other side not contacting the rotor at all. If so, just one e-brake pad on rotor may not be enough to stop a roll.

Once you adjust both sides, one at a time, you should be good.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wssix99
Whenever you change the rear rotors, you need to re-adjust the e-brake at the star wheels inside each rotor hat. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ightening.html The inside of every rotor hat is different and the e-brake pads need to be adjusted to conform to the new measurements.

Did you actuate the e-brake while the rotors were off? (If so, that would have been a bad thing. It can cause the e-brake components to come apart and not work. If the rotors are on - no problem.)

You could also have one brake/rotor that is tight and one that is loose. The brakes are adjusted independently at each wheel. So, you may have one side hooking up (which stops the lever) and the other side not contacting the rotor at all. If so, just one e-brake pad on rotor may not be enough to stop a roll.

Once you adjust both sides, one at a time, you should be good.
I read the thread, but I have an LT1 so there is no seperate pad to adjust....

when i pull the lever it feels like it's actuating...but when i had my friend look while under the car he said the cables aren't even moving...oh well I'll poke around I guess
Old 03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Nobody else had a similar problem?

Quick Reply: E-brake ?