11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

using the SLP for 9 years-70 k miles so far no problems
Johnny
Old 07-23-2009, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

Hey SJM,

I Looked at your site, do you all have pictures of the Front mount compared to the top mount? I'd like NOT to drill into my firewall and or fender wells. Also are these safe to use with ABS?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the front mount kit SLP looks very similar to ours. Actually, their line configuration mimics our setup almost identically. The electrical configuration is completely different though. Our circuit works similar to how your cruise control operates. You flip the master switch, an LED illuminates to let you know the circuit is live and ready to use, the momentary button operates the line lock. The line lock system does not interfere with normal ABS operation.

I don't have a picture handy of the top mounted kit. The solenoid mounts on the horizontal surface of the fender almost right above where you see the above image. Follow the black wire leading to the stud (used as a ground) in the image...the solenoid mounts right in front of that stud.

I would not suggest installing a line lock solenoid without mounting it to the body. It is too heavy to leave unsupported.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 07-23-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

I have been using SLP for 2 years and so far, have had to go through 3 solenoids. they would click when I turned on the switch, but wouldnt hold pressure. did you have that problem?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mitahuoch
I have been using SLP for 2 years and so far, have had to go through 3 solenoids. they would click when I turned on the switch, but wouldnt hold pressure. did you have that problem?
If that question is directed to our products, I assure you our customers do not have that sort of problem.

Quick Reply: slp line lock