Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1 R SERIES questions inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009 | 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Default QA1 R SERIES questions inside

are they good shocks for the front such as.....street driving or strictly drag racing...im just wondering cuz i need to drop my front end a lot and i can get these for reasonably cheap...i guess i can put either a 300 or 275 spring..but will these blow out quick and can any spring fit on these shocks or only qa1 springs...
and being a single adjustable what do u usually set them at for street and for strip

Last edited by robsquikz28; 03-26-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2009 | 07:12 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up Here a Suggestion!

Hello
You will have to use a QA1 spring (coil over set-up) due to them being a lot narrower and a little longer than other springs to get the spring rate required. Below is a link to show the different sets. Hope that helps!
http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=93
Thanks
Brad

Last edited by UMI Sales; 03-27-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-27-2009 | 08:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
are they good shocks for the front such as.....street driving or strictly drag racing...im just wondering cuz i need to drop my front end a lot and i can get these for reasonably cheap...i guess i can put either a 300 or 275 spring..but will these blow out quick and can any spring fit on these shocks or only qa1 springs...
and being a single adjustable what do u usually set them at for street and for strip

Hello, although the R series was initially designed as a track only shock they can be used on the street. They will not be the best handling shock around but they will work. As far as the springs go if you still have your power steering and a/c i would go with the 325lb springs or maybe even the 300lb ones. We also make a spring cup adaptor which allows you to use you factory style spring with the QA1 shocks. Try setting your shock on 4 from the softest setting. This will be a good starting point. The adjustment **** adjusts the rebound. If you have any questions please give me a call.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-27-2009 | 11:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Hello, although the R series was initially designed as a track only shock they can be used on the street. They will not be the best handling shock around but they will work. As far as the springs go if you still have your power steering and a/c i would go with the 325lb springs or maybe even the 300lb ones. We also make a spring cup adaptor which allows you to use you factory style spring with the QA1 shocks. Try setting your shock on 4 from the softest setting. This will be a good starting point. The adjustment **** adjusts the rebound. If you have any questions please give me a call.
awesome i will call you later i need to grab some plates for my trak pak anyway thanks

Quick Reply: QA1 R SERIES questions inside