Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Pro Kit Owners Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Pro Kit Owners Please Help

i just recently lowered my car with a Eibach Pro Kit and my question is to u guys who have them ive noticed the diffrence on bumps and dips my car is real bouncy im planning on replacing my shocks all (4) front and back now will that help make my ride the way it use to feel when it was at stock ride height i also plan on boltin on some rear lower control arms, brackets, and panhard
do u guys think this will help the ride and if so what shocks are u guys using are the SLPs Bilstein Shocks any good versus Hal adjustable
and last question will replacing my factory shocks with some aftermarket lower my car more cause its low enough for me as is i just herd that Bilsteins will lower a bit not too much, any info will help i appreciate it
Old 10-22-2003, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Eibach Pro Kit Owners Please Help

ive noticed the diffrence on bumps and dips my car is real bouncy im planning on replacing my shocks all (4) front and back now will that help make my ride the way it use to feel when it was at stock ride height?
It should remove the bounce. It may not feel like stock, but it will be much better than it is now. It will be slightly more firm and feel much more controlled (the car). I'd start there, I think you'll be impressed with the changes.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

IMO the SLP Bilsteins + Prokit combo is a nice one for a street-driven car. I found the ride to be very comparable to that of my stock SS. The bumps and dips are a bit more pronounced, but not nearly as bad as I've experienced with other (in some cases improperly) lowered vehicles. As trackbird noted, the shocks are key. They will definitely help your ride and get rid of that bounciness you are experiencing now.

Also, shocks will not affect your ride height. That seems to be an unfortunately common misconception.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

IMO the SLP Bilsteins + Prokit combo is a nice one for a street-driven car.

I agree. I was in the same spot as you for a year. I did the pro kit but retained the stock Decarbons on my base T/A. It was fine for a season, but after that she rode like crap... bouncy, rattly, and very unsupported in general. Not to mention the front springs sagged without the help of the shocks. I just did the SLP Bilsteins a month ago. As far as ride quality and handling... like a new but different car. Amazing! DO IT, AND DO IT NOW. You will be happy. I also added LCA's, Torque arm, panhard bar and front and rear sways. I'm very happy with this set up, and will not change a thing.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:23 PM
Teching In

i appreciate the feedback, will do i was suppose to use the money for other mods but i cant stand the bouncy feel
Old 10-23-2003, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the SLP bilsteins, you will too
Old 10-26-2003, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have the stock decarbons on mine, yea its bouncy, but if u want a smooth ride, get a caddy, since u just got springs though, ur car will lower a bit more once they settle some more, before mine settled, I could get into this oil change place, now i can't get over the lip at all..panhard rod won't help the ride at all as far as bumpiness goes
Old 10-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Launching!

I have the prokit and Koni Adjustables, and I feel the bounciness but it's a whole lot better than what it was stock! I have mine set on the softest setting for street driving, and after a month the springs and shocks settled, and the car was almost 2 full inches lower than stock. It's fun, that's for sure!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have the proket with the SLP bilsteins as well, and I think the ride is pretty good. A little harshover big bumps, but thats to be expected with a lowered car and 40 series tires.

Jeff