Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

For DD Shocks....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FiredUpZ28
OEM style replacements. A fresh set of OE shocks make a big difference again worn out DeCarbons.
Well according to what I quoted above between the differences of Gas-a-just and GR2, the GR2 are basically what you're describing. Can a person even get the DeCarbons for our car? I assume they'd be better than the GR2s, well that's only because the DeCarbons are Italian lol
Old 04-05-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
To Bryan: It's got stock springs, that I assume have 97K on them.

Will: My budget is pretty much "what can I get for under $200" heh I think the GR2s barely fall into that. I've heard Strano is amazing, and looking at his site confirms that with prices :\ I can dream though!
He can work with you, tell him you are on a budget.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well according to what I quoted above between the differences of Gas-a-just and GR2, the GR2 are basically what you're describing. Can a person even get the DeCarbons for our car? I assume they'd be better than the GR2s, well that's only because the DeCarbons are Italian lol
Actually they are french
For $200 I don't think you are going to get anything worth while. You should probably save for some strano spec bilstiens.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Actually they are french
For $200 I don't think you are going to get anything worth while. You should probably save for some strano spec bilstiens.
Do you know where you can get a part # or link for those???
Old 04-05-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah 200 is kind of a low budget. I would seek out Sam Strano if I were you to see if he even has a shock recommendation for that range. I don't ever recall him mentioning anything.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a low budget mainly because I don't even have the money to replace them, but it's going to start turning into an upkeep requirement soon. I'm pretty sure the front left has been leaking for awhile, as it was the only one that was covered in grease :\

I might email Sam, but calling someone of his reputation and asking him what he'd be able to do for such little money is kind of embarassing lol

Also yes, French, my bad :\ Was late when I was trying to think of who made them. Range Rover uses/used them though so that must count for something! And that GM thought them to be decent enough to be put in the F-Body.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

It's a low budget mainly because I don't even have the money to replace them, but it's going to start turning into an upkeep requirement soon. I'm pretty sure the front left has been leaking for awhile, as it was the only one that was covered in grease :\

I might email Sam, but calling someone of his reputation and asking him what he'd be able to do for such little money is kind of embarassing lol

Also yes, French, my bad :\ Was late when I was trying to think of who made them. Range Rover uses/used them though so that must count for something! And that GM thought them to be decent enough to be put in the F-Body.
It won't hurt to ask. I'd be interested anyway. He might just say you'd be better off with the stockers over any 200 dollar set options, but I don't know.

Quick Reply: For DD Shocks....