Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Double adjustable PHB (installed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default UMI Double adjustable PHB (installed)

Hey all I received my UMI PHB today and finished installing it fairly quick.

I went ahead and centered the rear accordingly, I got within 1\16 in so whatever, close enough!

I took her out for a little test run and although I didnt get to do a hard stop to see if the rear was still hopping, the rear grabbed better and less understeer and less torque steer.. Almost none, enough to work the gas without being too touchy.

We'll see how I do if I finally get to try some autoX soon. If not this week soon!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:58 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Thanks for the business and Glad you are happy with the product!
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does yours clunk and rattle over bumps? I'm wondering if most aftermarket APHB's do that. Mine sounds like a bad shock, and I've taken it off twice to make sure it's the bar. Not a UMI, so I'm trying to find one that doesn't if possible. I'm sure the urethane bushings are the main reason.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

It does rattle a little, but I'm so close to the point of race ready and it doesnt bother. The performance gains overshadow the little clunks here and there.

Besides I just turn the a/c on full and turn up the radio!! haha..

If I wanted comfy and comfortable I would of sold her already.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redlinez
Does yours clunk and rattle over bumps? I'm wondering if most aftermarket APHB's do that. Mine sounds like a bad shock, and I've taken it off twice to make sure it's the bar. Not a UMI, so I'm trying to find one that doesn't if possible. I'm sure the urethane bushings are the main reason.
hmm so that might be what im hearing when im going on bumpy roads.

it sounds like a clunk or something almost sounds like if it was my wheels
Old 04-08-2009, 07:11 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up Clunking Noise.......

Hello
It is the rod end that you are hearing we tell our customers that you will get a little road noise when using a adjustable or double adjustable with rod ends. If you have any other questions leave me know and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
It is the rod end that you are hearing we tell our customers that you will get a little road noise when using a adjustable or double adjustable with rod ends. If you have any other questions leave me know and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
hmm what kind of sound does the rod end make? this sound i hear it almost sounds like it something was loose almost like if the spare tire was moving but i dont have my spare tire or jack in the car anymore.

kind of hard to explain i will try to get a video of the sound
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

If installed correct, I wouldn't worry about it, but ok. Just FYI you will notice a little noise when driving thru a bumpy road or bumpy turn.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Mine isn't rod ended, which is what is irritating me. It is a definite clunking like something was left loose in the rear going over bumps. And nothing was left loose, torqued to 60lbft as directed with suspension loaded and both bolts properly orientated. Oh well, time to go back to stock....
Old 04-14-2009, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine isn't rod ended, which is what is irritating me. It is a definite clunking like something was left loose in the rear going over bumps. And nothing was left loose, torqued to 60lbft as directed with suspension loaded and both bolts properly orientated. Oh well, time to go back to stock....
check your lca bolts mine had a nasty clunk/rattle and both my lcas forward bolts were loose
Old 04-15-2009, 07:40 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up Clunking Noise!

Originally Posted by bobbyd
hmm what kind of sound does the rod end make? this sound i hear it almost sounds like it something was loose almost like if the spare tire was moving but i dont have my spare tire or jack in the car anymore.

kind of hard to explain i will try to get a video of the sound
A rod end sounds kinda like a clunking noise! That's just the aluminum bushing moving. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Almost sounds like the bushing are bad!! Is it a adjustable or non adjustable?
Leave me know and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-15-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

No, and it isn't UMI. It's still basically brand new, it's a Spohn. It started almost immediately after I first installed it last fall. I assume greasing them is for squeak noises. My last Z28 I lowered I used a frickin Lakewood adjustable that made no noise. I stuck the OE thing back on last night and back to silence again. Didn't mean to hijack this thread, I was just seeing if it's normal for APHB's.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have the umi double adjustable phr and i don't get any noises at all. my car is daily driven and has the slp dual/dual catback which is quiet so i can pretty much hear everything that moves
Old 04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

I installed the same type panhard bar on my car and I was really happy with the difference. It tightened up the rear of the car a bunch.

I have the poly/rod bar. On certain roads I can hear noise coming from the rear of the car. It does sound like something is loose but it has to be the rod end because it didn't make that noise before.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

I'm wondering if the size of the bar has something to do with reducing clearance back there when it compresses quickly enough over bumps and/or the hardness of the bushings. I'll look at the UMI.

Quick Reply: UMI Double adjustable PHB (installed)