Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

alignment specs for 1"-1.25" drop

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default alignment specs for 1"-1.25" drop

ok...my alignment is crap. after i changed out the K-frame i havent been able to get the thing to align properly. i can get it to go straight but you can visually see that camber is off. i added some upper adjustable arms and im probably gonna end up putting in the lower ones as well but for now im leaving the stock ones. ive searched the web and found some specs for Eibach springs 1"drop which are as follows:

caster- L +4 degrees R +4 degrees (stock is L +3.5 R +3.5)
camber- L -.8 degrees R -.8 degrees (stock is L -.5 R -.5)
toe- 0 (stock is 0 aswell)

i dont have Eibach springs but it is a 1" drop so the specs technically should be the same i would think. let me know if anyone has any ideas or other specs they'd like to share...thank you.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your current alignment settings? What have you tried so far to get the alignment where you want it? Have you adjusted the length of your upper arms? Please list out step by step what you've tried and I may be able to help.

FYI, stock Caster spec is +5.0
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
11 Second Club

I am lowered 1 3/4- 2 " around for last 2 years I get over 40 k miles each set of tires, I now AND before lowering run very close as OE specs
camber right side @ + 0.50, left @ + 0.50
caster right @+ 3.50, left @+ 3.00
toe @ + 1/16
or as close as possable to the above
I repete I get over 40 k per set with no abnormal wear/cupping

if you do auto-x or a lot of tweste driving some like - camber (about -1.00)
Johnny

my .02' Johnny

Last edited by Major_Lee_Slow; 04-08-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
What are your current alignment settings? What have you tried so far to get the alignment where you want it? Have you adjusted the length of your upper arms? Please list out step by step what you've tried and I may be able to help.

FYI, stock Caster spec is +5.0
well i have a friend of mine doin it for me...i dont have the specs printed out but everything was in the green according to the machine (Hunter hawkeye). but yet i can visually see the toe off on both front wheels...they are toed in.
one of the wheels had a good amount of negative camber so when we replaced the uppers with adjustable we tried to compensate on that wheel. on the machine it said it was dead on so we figured the camber was good.
if we have specific specs we can impliment them into the machine for a custom alignment so thats why i was inquiring about specs. We have 2 machines here, one is older which is the one i put it on the first time. we're gonna try the new machine this fri and see if its just off cause of the other machine. id like to have some specs just in case so i can put them into the new machine.

so the caster spec is + 5.0...now i dunno if i should trust those Eibach settings. lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

thanx...i wrote those down.

Last edited by Major_Lee_Slow; 04-08-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Only +3.5 caster may give you kind of a dead vague feeling in the steering, which I experienced at +4.0. Once I increased it to +5.0 the car felt more on center and I think the steering communicated better.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
Only +3.5 caster may give you kind of a dead vague feeling in the steering, which I experienced at +4.0. Once I increased it to +5.0 the car felt more on center and I think the steering communicated better.
thats what im feeling...and when i make a turn it doesnt return to center (return to center angle?? or something to that effect) awsome...thank you for your help...i'll try that on the new machine and see where it leaves me.

Quick Reply: alignment specs for 1"-1.25" drop