Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Redesigns Lowering Springs for 4th Gen F-Body (SP001)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's good to know they are made here in the US, I guess i will just have to see some user results to make my decision!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
BMR- What are your guesses in terms of the spring dropping slightly more after settling in over a certain amount of time? Has anyone out there had these springs on their car for for a month or two?
As far as the springs dropping more over time, that wont happen. There will be the initial first drive after installation that will settle the car to its ride height.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

What do all competitors do? Never change and expect things to get better? Props to BMR for the responses as I know others wouldn't have responded the same. Quite a few springs that are out there are within a minimal percentage of one another.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I thought that all springs, regardless of make or rates slightly drop in ride height after a few weeks time of driving?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
I thought that all springs, regardless of make or rates slightly drop in ride height after a few weeks time of driving?
Not on quality made springs that use quality materials.

Now on a poorly designed spring with too few coils or too small a wire, the spring could become fully compressed and the material stressed beyond its elastic limit causing the spring to "sag".

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Last edited by BMR Sales2; 04-15-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i am looking at purchasing BMR springs very soon. kudos to BMR for listening to its customers. if your customers want a 1.25" lowering spring then to come out and do that says alot about the company and for them to listen.

i would also like to see some pics with the newly designed springs.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
well i am looking at purchasing BMR springs very soon. kudos to BMR for listening to its customers. if your customers want a 1.25" lowering spring then to come out and do that says alot about the company and for them to listen.

Thank you for the kind words. We had tons of request for a spring with a little more drop than our previous one but not a full 1.5" drop. So after reviewing all of the request the decision was made to come up with the new design spring. I will get some pictures posted soon.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:19 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Take a look at post #1 on this thread. There is a small image of the springs, but it can be expanded by clicking on it.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I believe Al misunderstood you I will have some pictures of vehicles with the new 1.25" drop spring soon
Old 04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
I believe Al misunderstood you I will have some pictures of vehicles with the new 1.25" drop spring soon
Im interested in seeing the pics as well, im thinking of going with these springs.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BMR Tech

yeah defnitely would like to see them on customer cars. maybe the 1.25 spring might just be the perfect stance on these cars. im still going with BMR springs regardless along with other BMR suspension parts.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by z28bryan
It's too bad the old type still won't be available. Doesn't leave many choices for a 1 inch drop spring now days.
you can always put the 1/2" spacers under the front shock mount, and pick up some thicker rear spring issolators to reduce the drop.

i plan on doing this.

i want the stiffer spring, but i can't afford a 1-1.25" drop due to TDs.

its surprising how much 1/2" makes on clearance
Old 04-17-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Alright so the new BMR springs are along the same lines of Sam Strano, who gives a ****! Yeah I have the Strano springs waiting to be installed and yeah he makes great products. I give BMR props for creating new springs to compete with Strano, no offense to you Sam.

This is like bitching at Stainless steel for creating a 3" Chambered catback and saying they copied GMMG
Old 04-18-2009, 12:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by uLs1a
This is like bitching at Stainless steel for creating a 3" Chambered catback and saying they copied GMMG
yeah seriously. its not like BMR purposely copied sam's springs. i do like the fact that there in stock and ready to ship. every BMR product i own is a top quality piece and im happy to hear that there springs are just that much better now. definitely gives some people options on great lowering springs
Old 04-18-2009, 04:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
I know what I posted wasn't very popular, but I just want everyone to know what BMR is doing. You can view it however you like and make your own decision from there, but at least now you know.
Jesus H dude... As the others have said, you had no business in this thread. If you've got an issue with BMR take it up with them in a PM. Simple as that. We all know that you were referring to Sam Strano's stuff and he's a great guy/sponsor. I've bought from him in the past and will continue to buy from him in the future but I've also purchased some parts from BMR as well and have no complaints.

I'm still not sure what you were truly trying to accomplish by posting what you did in the beginning but really all we now know is that you are in fact a D-bag and to immediately disregard your opinion or statement no matter the subject in pertains to.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Jesus H dude... As the others have said, you had no business in this thread. If you've got an issue with BMR take it up with them in a PM. Simple as that. We all know that you were referring to Sam Strano's stuff and he's a great guy/sponsor. I've bought from him in the past and will continue to buy from him in the future but I've also purchased some parts from BMR as well and have no complaints.

I'm still not sure what you were truly trying to accomplish by posting what you did in the beginning but really all we now know is that you are in fact a D-bag and to immediately disregard your opinion or statement no matter the subject in pertains to.
My APRH, Relocation Brackets, LCA, and SFC are BMR. When time and money allow I will be buying an adjustable torque arm from them.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
yeah seriously. its not like BMR purposely copied sam's springs. i do like the fact that there in stock and ready to ship. every BMR product i own is a top quality piece and im happy to hear that there springs are just that much better now. definitely gives some people options on great lowering springs
Glad to hear that you are happy with the quality of our products!! We put a lot of effort into our product design as well as our manufacturing, so it is good to know that our customers are happy with our products.

By the way, there are several spring companies that make 1.25" lowering springs. I don't think we copied anyone.

BMR was the first company to offer a 550 spring rate on their front spring. We have always offered that spring rate. Only one other company offers this spring rate, but they seem to have forgotten who offered it first.

BMR offers a 160 spring rate on our rear springs. I am fairly certain that we are the only company that offers this rate for the 4th gen. I'm not sure who we copied if we are the only one with a 160 spring rate.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 04-19-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Glad to hear that you are happy with the quality of our products!! We put a lot of effort into our product design as well as our manufacturing, so it is good to know that our customers are happy with our products.
i always am! just wondering tho. how would these springs and koni 4/4's be together ? i really want the koni's when i do my suspension sometime in june hopefully.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
i always am! just wondering tho. how would these springs and koni 4/4's be together ? i really want the koni's when i do my suspension sometime in june hopefully.

I have the Koni 4/4's and the BMR springs. I also have the Strano sway bars. I went from BMR to Strano springs and then back to the BMR springs because I like the stiffer rear rate, and they seem to match the Koni compression rate better. I still have the older 170 rear rate springs that have only 1" drop I think I will try the newer 160 rear rate in the future.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by toadzq8
I have the Koni 4/4's and the BMR springs. I also have the Strano sway bars. I went from BMR to Strano springs and then back to the BMR springs because I like the stiffer rear rate, and they seem to match the Koni compression rate better. I still have the older 170 rear rate springs that have only 1" drop I think I will try the newer 160 rear rate in the future.
Glad you like our springs. When you decide you would like to try out the new design let me know.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: BMR Redesigns Lowering Springs for 4th Gen F-Body (SP001)