Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

who has installed Aerospace Engineering rear brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default who has installed Aerospace Engineering rear brakes?

so it seems that my rearend was stolen out of my garage. i was going to transfer the brakes to my Moser 9" rear. does the Aerospace engineering kit come with everything necessary to install onto the Moser 9? i know i will need to replace the TCS sensors and if i have to i will even delete them all together. who here has installed them on their car? doesnt have to necessarily be a 9" but just curious if everything was there to drop in? any suggestions on a different setup would be great. thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TCS and ABS will not work. We have an ABS delete kit that enables you to completely remove your whole ABS controller and ABS bracket. It's replaced with new preformed hard lines and an adjustable proportioning valve.

For any of the aftermarket drag brake packages, you will need bearing spacers for your rear-end. We mill those in house. You will also new rear-brake lines. We build the braided brake line kits in house. Regarding brake choices, I'd suggest considering Strange Engineering brakes over Aerospace. They are slightly more expensive, but they are a superior product in my opinion with better machined components. Other than the components I've mentioned, there's nothing else you'd need (for Strange or Aerospace). They both come with new backing plates, rotors, calipers and pads. You'll remove the stock backing plate and replace it with the aftermarket piece. Take the stock backing plate and sell them. They can be easily sold for 100-200.00. You also can sell your reluctor gears too which can go for 40-50.00.

You can view all pieces needed listed on our website at:

http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_...0Delete%20Kits

On the left side of the page, click "ABS delete kits" link and "Strange brakes" and "drag brake components" to view everything I've discussed.

Let me know if I can help you further. Everything can be shipped typically within 24-48 hours. Many times same day.

Welcome to the board. I see you're a rather new member.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 04-26-2009 at 09:25 AM.