Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ATE Hitemp brake fluid, SS braided brake lines, Hawk pads, Brembo blanks...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ATE Hitemp brake fluid, SS braided brake lines, Hawk pads, Brembo blanks...

I can tell you that my car can stop on a HAIR LINE multiple times w/o any brake fade at all. I did the test from 35, 45, 55 and 100 on a deserted, paved, and relatively clean road. And holy **** that was AMAZING.

My brakes still feel like somewhat spongy though, I guess its a GM trademark. Too bad I can't tune the brake system through HPTuners.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought about getting some SS brake lines myself. Probably will just put that little $$$ towards a motor.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flawless02SS
I thought about getting some SS brake lines myself. Probably will just put that little $$$ towards a motor.
Yeah, my whole reason to add SS brake lines is to improve that spongy feeling on my brakes somewhat comparable to my G35 firm feel. Still spongy after SS line.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the feel of my brakes, and I don't even have SS hoses. I borrowed my mom's Honda Accord the other day, and to me the brakes were like, okay, you're either not on the brake or you are on the brake, no partially. (Seriously though, I did get used to it, but I much prefer my brakes.)