Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

wanting to replace stock brake system

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009 | 07:26 PM
Teching In

Default wanting to replace stock brake system

I have a 2001 pontiac Trans-Am WS6. I want the best brake system I can get.....anyone have any suggestions?
Old 05-07-2009 | 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

"Best" is relative, and depends on the use for your car. For street use, the stock breaks are plenty. For track and road racing, there are many setups that can be used. For show, you could get the biggest brake setup out there. Basically it all depends on your goals and your budget. I would start out by searching and learning about what the different setups are out there for your needs. You could get some quality pads, a brake fluid flush, and some stainless lines and be happy. Or you could buy a big brake kit from the sponsors, or even put together your own kit.
Old 05-07-2009 | 05:03 PM
Teching In

I'm wanting to someday get a twin turbo system in which will give the car alot more HP. So I want to give the brake system the proper boost. I'm not even sure what brands to look at so any help will be greatly appriciated.
Old 05-08-2009 | 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up C5 Brake Suggestion!

Originally Posted by 417kev
I have a 2001 pontiac Trans-Am WS6. I want the best brake system I can get.....anyone have any suggestions?
Hello
I just wanted to suggest this to you that UMI Performance offers a C5 brake upgrade! Below is a link to show you what we have to offer.

http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=117

If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-09-2009 | 08:04 PM
Teching In

thanks for the link.