Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pros & Cons Strano lowering springs?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Pros & Cons Strano lowering springs?

What is the Pros to these springs?What is the Cons?
Ride is #1 concern! Nice day driving! Minimal racing!
The rear is the main concern as far as ride!
Thanks

Last edited by kodiak; 05-08-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Before you go about buying springs what shocks do you have? What other suspension mods do you have? The best springs in the world are not going to ride great with shitty shocks. Over sized wheels or a bigger rear swaybar will also hurt ride quality.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might consider just upgrading shocks.

any lowering spring is going to hurt ride compared to the same shock combo on a stock height spring.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure what you mean by "stock eibach" option, unless you mean eibach springs with stock shocks....as far as i know, there was no eibach spring offered from the factory.

anyway, the main thing that is going to affect your ride quality are the shocks. if you have shitty shocks (which our cars do, even from the factory), even the stock springs are not going to give you a good ride...you're going to be bouncing around and swaying from side to side in corners.

if you're going to stick with a stock ride height, you can get away with less expensive, non-adjustable shocks like some bilsteins....but if you're going to lower the car at all, i would personally not consider anything other than Koni SA's....i have them on my car with Strano springs, and i really wouldn't consider anything else, shock-wise. pretty much the only other spring option i would consider is going back to stock and lowering the car slightly less with the lower front perch/heater hose mod in the rear, and that would mainly be to gain back a bit of ground clearance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pros & Cons Strano lowering springs?