Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn tq arm install

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spohn tq arm install

Getting the Spohn Tq arm with Spherical rod bearing and X mem. This is all one piece unit. Who has this on their Fbody? I am electing not to go with the optional DS Loop because I already have one on the car. Will this Tq arm fit with my DS loop on the car?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Check out the BMR Pinion Angle video. It shows how to set the pinion angle after you install an adjustable torque arm. This video is helpful for all adjustable torque arms, not just BMR torque arms.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/
http://www.bmrtvonline.com/video_detail.php?mId=3788

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Most likely that torque arm is going to bolt into the same location as your current drive shaft loop. You will probably have to remove the drive shaft loop to install it so I think I would opt for the built in loop. Does your drive shaft loop bolt to the transmission cross-member now? This is being installed on a 82-92 correct?

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

Most likely that torque arm is going to bolt into the same location as your current drive shaft loop. You will probably have to remove the drive shaft loop to install it so I think I would opt for the built in loop. Does your drive shaft loop bolt to the transmission cross-member now? This is being installed on a 82-92 correct?

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Thanks guys you where a big help in figureing that my pinion angle was causeing my prob. vid will help, 87 firebird w/t56 DS loop is bolted to the body.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by formula87
Thanks guys you where a big help in figureing that my pinion angle was causeing my prob. vid will help, 87 firebird w/t56 DS loop is bolted to the body.
Glad we could help you out. I have a feeling the torque arm is going to bolt into the same location as the drive shaft loop. There is only one place on the 3rd gen for them to bolt.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 05-10-2009, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Thats what I was thinking it helps to get another opinion. Also I have run on track a few times but kept straight away speeds down because that was where I felt the vib (at high speed). Could haveing the pinion angle off so much result in future bearing or seal failure in rear end?
Thanks for the help.