Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS module damm abs inop how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS module damm abs inop how to fix?

supp guys took my car to the stealership and they told me that i need the abs module basically the brain of the abs system. that i had a short and thats why i had the abs inop light on. the part itself is 1200.00 and installed 1500.00. i was WTF!!! damm i thought it might be a wheel sensor since i had hit a bad bump but nah it was that damm part. have any of you had this problem? and what did you all do to fix it? please chime in guyz this is alot of cash for this ****
Old 05-09-2009, 11:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My solution is two part.

Either delete ABS using our ABS delete kits and never have to worry about ABS issues again.

OR

If you want to keep ABS for some reason...See if someone on this board who has our ABS delete kit is willing to sell you their ABS controller.

Good luck!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

might sound stupid but that kitdoes what? delete the whole system? how does the car react?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's not a stupid question at all. It does completely delete the ABS controller AND bracket.

The way your car drives normally, removing ABS is not going to change it. Actually using our kits gives you the ability to manually adjust brake bias using the adjustable proportioning valve which can help control braking now having the ability to dial or tune your bias.

When you felt your brake pedal pulse...this was your ABS activating (more times than not...probably when you didn't want it to activate)...obviously you wouldn't have this occur.

For general readers who may rely on ABS, if your car is stock, I'd tell you to leave it alone as it is engineered to work with your OEM STOCK car and can help. As described by the original reader, if its not operating correctly, it can be a costly fix. If its important to you, than fix it. If you've modified your braking system, changed weight distribution, changed wheels, tires etc...Your ABS system is configured for the OEM setup and may not be tuned correctly for your car...so it can be less efficient in braking correctly.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 Terror
supp guys took my car to the stealership and they told me that i need the abs module basically the brain of the abs system. that i had a short and thats why i had the abs inop light on. the part itself is 1200.00 and installed 1500.00. i was WTF!!! damm i thought it might be a wheel sensor since i had hit a bad bump but nah it was that damm part. have any of you had this problem? and what did you all do to fix it? please chime in guyz this is alot of cash for this ****

I have an abs Module that I would sell you, pm me if interested.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks sjm manufacturing for the info guna go your site and look around