Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PPC Headers and Y-pipe- Which Torque Arm?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PPC Headers and Y-pipe- Which Torque Arm?

Does anyone know the torque arm that was used when fabbing up this system? I am guessing BMR but am not sure. I currently have the stock TA and of course my Y fits like crap as the car it was designed on had an aftermarket TA. I'm looking to replace the TA so the T-pipe doesn't hang so low.

UMI, BMR, what do you have? I'm not looking for anything for drag racing so probably looking at full length and I don't want to move the mount off of the transmission. What options do I have?

Thanks,

Last edited by JamRWS6; 05-14-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

If your factory torque arm clears with the set-up then I see no reason why our transmission mounted torque arm would not work for you. In most cases it actually offers more clearance than the factory torque arm. In the link I posted below there is installation pictures which should help.. is this what you are looking for?

www.umiperformance.com/2205

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 05-14-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

If your factory torque arm clears with the set-up then I see no reason why our transmission mounted torque arm would not work for you. In most cases it actually offers more clearance than the factory torque arm. In the link I posted below there is installation pictures which should help.. is this what you are looking for?

www.umiperformance.com/2205

Thanks!
Ryan
Thanks for the reply Ryan. Currently the stock TA causes the Y-Pipe to hang lower than it should as where I have it it is sitting as close to the stock TA as possible. I believe the Y pipe bend follows the indention in the floorpan which it looks like the TA in the pictures allows for more clearance towards the front of the TA which is what I need.

I need to go out and look at the car again and compare to the pictures.

Thanks!