Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Thinking of Replacing Strano's for Eibach's

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the comments. I jus' finished changing my oil, (well the girlfriend did - I taught her ) and I adjusted the front Koni's to 5 full sweeps from Full Firm. It is feeling better but I'll wait and see.

Thanks again guys.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To the op, have you tried switching back to stock springs and using Konis?

My ride isn't harsh at all w/ stock springs/Konis with lower perch setting and two sweeps from soft on the front and 1/4 turn on the back/hose mod at the back.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah, I sold my stock springs.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhead
Nope. Wrong.

Koni SA = adjustment of rebound only (top of shock), compression is not affected by any adjustments
Koni DA = separate adjustments for rebound (top of shock) and compression (**** at bottom of shock)
See learn something everyday...
Old 05-23-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I really doubt going more firm is going to improve the ride quality on the Koni's.
Mad a huge difference for me, I was hitting the bump stops alot...now I barely ever hit the stops...so my ride is greatly improved...firm yes, but not harsh.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28ss4me
Mad a huge difference for me, I was hitting the bump stops alot...now I barely ever hit the stops...so my ride is greatly improved...firm yes, but not harsh.
If you think you were hitting them over and over again, possibly. If you are only adjusting rebound, then that shouldn't make a difference of your compression. Also even if you have a compression adjustment, it shouldn't be used to slow down suspension compression to prevent bottoming out. There is such thing as too much compression that will hinder performance and the way your tires grab the pavement around a turn.

With that idea out of the way, this is why I think Koni SA's can provide the best ride comfort. Some people might prefer the ride of the fronts all the way on soft. Some people might want it borderline full stiff. Everyone likes something different... but my arguement has always been that Koni SAs provides that huge range which should make the Konis the ideal shock for almost anyone.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 AM
cjb
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28ss4me
I have the same experience. This is my second season with strano/koni and I have a feeling the konis are run-in now. I increased rebound in front from 5 to 6/8 front 2.5/8 back. Same tire pressure (21 kPa/30psi) on all wheels and,wow, the car is amazingly good damped and balanced. Almost a bit to soft

Quick Reply: Thinking of Replacing Strano's for Eibach's