Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Shocks????

Old 05-25-2009, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Koni Shocks????

I want to buy the best shocks that will give me the best comfortable ride and performance. I heard that Koni are the best just want to know if these are the ones that everyone votes for:

93-02 Koni Camaro/Firebird Rear Double Adjustable Shocks(Rears)
[KON-82421006]

Thanks,
Old 05-25-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need to take a step back here. First off, when your looking for a performance shocks, in this case Konis, you will sacrifice how comfortable your car rides. Konis were not developed to give you the most comfortable ride. If your looking for a very comfortable ride, these are not the shocks for you. Konis were developed as an extreme handling shock. If you want your car to handle like its never done before, then these are the shocks to look at.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Greekey
You need to take a step back here. First off, when your looking for a performance shocks, in this case Konis, you will sacrifice how comfortable your car rides. Konis were not developed to give you the most comfortable ride. If your looking for a very comfortable ride, these are not the shocks for you. Konis were developed as an extreme handling shock. If you want your car to handle like its never done before, then these are the shocks to look at.
Im going to have to somewhat disagree. While the konis are probably not best for ride quality (although that is subjective) they ride WAY better than the stock shocks, so you are not sacrificing anything over stock.

Originally Posted by jebuzws6
I want to buy the best shocks that will give me the best comfortable ride and performance. I heard that Koni are the best just want to know if these are the ones that everyone votes for:

93-02 Koni Camaro/Firebird Rear Double Adjustable Shocks(Rears)
[KON-82421006]

Thanks,
No, most people are going with single adjustable because more often than not the double adjustable's are overkill(the extra compression adjustment you get seems to be "best" at the same setting the single adjustable's are already pre-set at).
And if you buy from Sam you get install and setup information(since these are adjustable) along with your purchase:
Either: 4/3 set:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...ID=0&ModelID=7
Or 4/4:
Call him up and he'll go into detail about the difference.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

No, most people are going with single adjustable because more often than not the double adjustable's are overkill(the extra compression adjustment you get seems to be "best" at the same setting the single adjustable's are already pre-set at).
And if you buy from Sam you get install and setup information(since these are adjustable) along with your purchase:
Either: 4/3 set:
Or 4/4:
Call him up and he'll go into detail about the difference.

which ones are the front's? Most likely I will buy from him, but looking to see how much money I need to set aside. Already planning on going with strano springs just want to see the price of the entire combo of Strano springs and Koni shocks?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dislike the Koni's compression setting, then you might not like them for ride comfort. If you like the compression setting on Konis then you can make the arguement that Konis should be the most comfortably available shocks. The rebound setting allows you to under or over dampen the shock. The piston moves well in the shock under high or low impacts going fast or slow in the vehicle. I've rode on some shocks before that the piston has very poor movement and almost has to be broken free to get any movement.

If I were on stock springs, and wanted to consider a cheaper non-adjustable alternative I'd look into the Strano spec Bilstien HD's. If you think you'll ever do lowering springs, I wouldn't hesitate for Konis. Single adjustables are all you need too... the double adjustables are going to be overkill for probably 99% of the drivers out there.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jebuzws6

which ones are the front's? Most likely I will buy from him, but looking to see how much money I need to set aside. Already planning on going with strano springs just want to see the price of the entire combo of Strano springs and Koni shocks?
A set of 4/4's is $835.20 on sale. The rear shocks in this set are on-car adjustable. Easier, quicker and offer more adjustment settings.

4/3's are $732/set on sale. These rear shocks in this set have to be removed to be adjusted and offer 4 setting positions. They cost less, which is why a lot of folks run them but they are more time comsuming and not as fine tuneable.

Koni's sale officially ends on 6/30. However, they cannot supply enough shocks to keep up with demand and if we sell out and can not get restocked in time, the sale could end sooner. My suggestion is to get any orders in as early as possible to insure the best price (some $130+ a set in savings vs. when they are not on sale).

Strano Springs are $275 shipped per set.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:10 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got off the phone with Sam and ordered a set of 4/3's. Sam couldn't have been more pleasant to talk to or spent more time helping me figure out what suited me best. He answered every question and more importantly his experience let him ask me questions and give me advice for things I wouldn't have known to ask. can't wait to get them!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the koni 4/3 sa's and they kick ***.The koni shocks are definately the best shocks.The ride is great and the handling is amazing.They are way better than bilsteins.Do it once and do it right.You get what you pay for.Contact Sam Strano he is the man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Koni Shocks????