Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

would this help body rigidity

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default would this help body rigidity

http://www.ragingmotorsports.com/productgroup.asp?33=99

check out this 6 point cage.... do you guys thing this would help out with body rigidity? does any one have this cage already? good bad other?
Old 11-05-2003, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

It will help with rigidity. A properly deisgned cage will have a bigger impact on rigidity than anything else you do to your car. A 10pt cage will do more than a 6pt. A 12pt is more effective than a 10pt you get the idea.

Keep in mind that generally the more "points" a cage has the less convenient it will be to get into and out of the vehicle.

Do a search for NataSS (I believe) if you wanna see a serious cage. He posted some pics awhile back.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cudaeh
http://www.ragingmotorsports.com/productgroup.asp?33=99

check out this 6 point cage.... do you guys thing this would help out with body rigidity? does any one have this cage already? good bad other?
I have Wolfe cages in my personal (02 SS) and in my work (98 Z) and love them. When these guys put a cage together the attention to detail shows. They are reasonably priced, and usually have your model in stock ready for shipping. Make sure you spend the extra few bucks and get the bars notched. It makes all the difference if your gonna weld it in yourself.

Kev
Old 11-06-2003, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

cool thanks
i dont think i want to go to crazy cage wise i figgued the 6pt. was just the right speed... i was just wondering if it makes a noticible diff or not.

Quick Reply: would this help body rigidity