Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strange DA install ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Strange DA install ?'s

Any one have pictures of how much you had to slot the A arm/shock to fit the assembly?

Just so I'm clear. Do you install the whole coilover assembly loose (meaning no compression on the spring) or assembled?

Reason I ask is I was trying to put my spindles on yesterday with the coilovers assembled and in place and I couldn't get the spring to compress enough to get both ball joints in the spindles.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

~Jim~
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give me a call here at the office and I can go over the install no problem
Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Man, you did it the hard way! I've never popped the lower ball joint loose to change springs/shocks, only the upper ball joint.
I would attach the Shock/spring assembly in the shock towers first, then lower ball joint. Now you should be able to swing the UCA down and insert the ball joint into the spindle, if not place your jack under the LCA and jack the LCA up until your able to insert the ball joint in to the spindle. Also sometime during this process you should be able to insert the lower shock mount bolts.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really did it the hard way because I'm replacing the K-member and everything that attaches to it. This isn't so much as a project as it is a frankenstein but we'll get it there.

The only thing that was left to go on was the spindles and I ran into this little problem.

After speaking with Lee at BMR I think I got a better handle on it but I'll know for sure tomorrow after noon.

As always thanks BMR!

~Jim~