Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Radiator for better cooling, Road Race

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Radiator for better cooling, Road Race

I know this isn't a question regarding suspension or brakes but I figured this will be the most knowledgeable section to ask this question.

What are you road race guys running for aftermarket radiators to help keep your coolant temps way down?

I noticed last time my coolant temps where pretty high and I would like to keep those temps down.

ideas?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I sell Be Cool Direct fit, all aluminum radiators. I have a customer in Colorado who autoxes and also open tracks his car. Up there it's harder to keep cars cool in the thinner air, so keep that in mind.

Popped in a Be Cool Rad, which is right @ $500, and the temps came way down. Also more durable since the plastic end tanks don't get old, and brittle. So in addition to the aluminum tanks which help shed heat, the 3" thick dual-pass core knocks temps way down...

In stock, ready to ship if you want one. The price above is for a unit without a trans cooler (for an stick car, which the OP has). There is a version for auto cars as well, but it's more expensive due to the addition of the tranny cooler.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great, Thanks Sam.. I will most likely order one in the next couple of days.. Installation sounds very simple..
Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where is it at on your site? I can't seem to find it.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Stranoparts.com