Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Several questions regarding suspension components...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several questions regarding suspension components...

Before installing my new motor, I will be installing a tubular k-member, tubular a-arms and coilovers, along with adjustable panhard rod, Tq. Arm, Upper/Lower Control Arms, and Polyurethane Bushings. Now, my questions start here...

How much extra weight will I be adding/saving by installing these parts? I know the suspension in the front end should actually make up for any added weight that the other parts would add, due to the fact that it is so much lighter. I'm wanting to set the car up for handling, but would also like it to be able to do decent at the track..which is why I like the adjustability of the coilovers, I should be able to disconnect the front sway bar, and loosen up the front shocks, and have some decent weight transfer, correct?

Also-a buddy of mine was talking about the BMR Drag Bar? Rear Sway bar that acts like the bag in the right rear shock..same theory..to help the car when launching...would this effect the cars handling on the streets? What else should I look into getting? This is the first LS1 car I have built, as I've been a Mustang guy in the past. Any/All help would be greatly appreciated.

Just a little background info..the car is a 6-speed car with a 12-bolt and 4.10's, and should be putting out around 600rwhp.

TIA,
Jason