Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone Try Wilwood's setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Try Wilwood's setup?

Its cheap! Front and rear 2,300 Bux?! Anyone like it? Will the rotors rust?
Old 11-16-2003, 04:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by shadowSS
Its cheap! Front and rear 2,300 Bux?! Anyone like it? Will the rotors rust?
TTT

I would like to know too, anyone?
Old 11-16-2003, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

A friend of mine installed the 11" kit on his 70 camaro and the 13" kit on his 69 mustang. The one thing i do not like is that the rotors are thinner than stock. They look like they are not going to dissipate heat well. He will be racing both of these cars so we will know soon.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the older kit w/ the drilled and slotted (which required modifying the spindles) on my '00 Formula and I love them, you'll want to buy different pads then the ones they come with. The kits come w/ the e compound which is great for racing, but squeal like crazy. The Q compound is what I run for daily driving, and stop pretty damn well. If I recall correctly. GMHP magazing did a review on the corvette system and w/ the Q compound it stopped much better than the stock C5 brakes. For the rear kits, it gets interesting. If you plan on going w/ an aftermarket rear, be sure to call them and discuss first. I have a strange 12 bolt, and ran into some interesting problems, which all ended up getting resolved eventually, but it was annoying. I also helped install a wilwood front kit on a 97 T/A and he loves it, he had a camry pull out in front of him on the interstate, and then proceed to come to a paniced stop directly in front of him, he stopped in time and almost did an endo in the proccess. It's an amazing kit, price/performance is incredible. Replacement pads are about 70 bucks. You will need to know how to safety wire to assemble the rotors and hats as they are a two piece assembly. Safety wiring is not difficult, and you can get the pliars and safety wire at most motorcyle shops (I got mine at a Yamaha cycle sport center)

Quick Reply: Anyone Try Wilwood's setup?