Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

stock torque arm with umi relocation crossmember

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock torque arm with umi relocation crossmember

how well does this work? does it at any vibrations or change the pinion angle? i also have a moser 12 bolt. any help or experience with this setup would help me out a ton
Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no vibrations as long as everything is setup right and you dont use a poly mount.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:05 AM
FormerVendor

Default A suggestion for you!

Originally Posted by Blue_00_WS6
how well does this work? does it at any vibrations or change the pinion angle? i also have a moser 12 bolt. any help or experience with this setup would help me out a ton
Hello
What I would suggest is if you are looking to change the pinion angle go with a adjustable torque arm. The set up that you are talking about will change your instant center and your pinion angle. But it will either be stock and it is hard to say what the other angles will be. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it says it works well with the stock torque in the item description. i would think it would be fine long as your at factory ride height
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Regular

X2 im goin with the adj TQ arm and a relocation with DS loop.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LCplmarine98
X2 im goin with the adj TQ arm and a relocation with DS loop.
the tunnel mount one? i had spohn tunnel mount but it was to noisey for me. it would clunk, bang and bottom out. it did help my 60's and the quality was good, i just drove my car every day and pittsburghs roads suck. i switched back to the stock setup and now i have a umi relocation crossmember and a bmr adj torque arm and it's pretty smooth.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverLSWON
the tunnel mount one? i had spohn tunnel mount but it was to noisey for me. it would clunk, bang and bottom out. it did help my 60's and the quality was good, i just drove my car every day and pittsburghs roads suck. i switched back to the stock setup and now i have a umi relocation crossmember and a bmr adj torque arm and it's pretty smooth.
I'm thinking that I'll do the what you have now if I go that route. Oh yeah Pittsburgh roads to suck ***. I travel there a few times a year to visit inlaws and even the minivan gets tossed around on those roads. Go Pens!!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fastmatt98
I'm thinking that I'll do the what you have now if I go that route. Oh yeah Pittsburgh roads to suck ***. I travel there a few times a year to visit inlaws and even the minivan gets tossed around on those roads. Go Pens!!!!!

you will be happy with it if you decide to do it. THANKS!!!! I AM HOPING THEY WIN. it sucked *** watching them lose last year

Quick Reply: stock torque arm with umi relocation crossmember