Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what should my konis be set to???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what should my konis be set to???

Spohn 32 front and 1" rear biased sway bars (for the strip) G2 lowering springs and 4th gen konis, then relo brackets along with stock style relocated TA and spohn control arms....last year at the track i tried my rears set to full soft and i had MAJOR wheel hop problems. i was running on DRs and every pass i tried stiffening up the rears and i think i am at about 1.5-2 full turns away from full hard and now no more wheel hop? is this normal? is it bad to be running with the shocks that stiff? G2 spring rates i believe are 600lb front and 180-225 progressive rears

the car rides simply amazing on good roads with the occasional light bump here and there but any big bumps and she hits hard, most likely hitting my bump stops.

also what would be good for my fronts? right now i think i am 2 or 3 clicks from full hard. could that ruin anything? or am i just paranoid about ruining these shocks when they can really handle any setting they are made for?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So what hole in the LCA relocation do you have the LCA in, the bottom hole , correct?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes bottom hole.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C Murda
Spohn 32 front and 1" rear biased sway bars (for the strip) G2 lowering springs and 4th gen konis, then relo brackets along with stock style relocated TA and spohn control arms....last year at the track i tried my rears set to full soft and i had MAJOR wheel hop problems. i was running on DRs and every pass i tried stiffening up the rears and i think i am at about 1.5-2 full turns away from full hard and now no more wheel hop? is this normal? is it bad to be running with the shocks that stiff? G2 spring rates i believe are 600lb front and 180-225 progressive rears

the car rides simply amazing on good roads with the occasional light bump here and there but any big bumps and she hits hard, most likely hitting my bump stops.

also what would be good for my fronts? right now i think i am 2 or 3 clicks from full hard. could that ruin anything? or am i just paranoid about ruining these shocks when they can really handle any setting they are made for?
If your on the single adjustable konis, you are adjusting rebound only. Compression is static and never changes. When you wheel hop, the suspension is moving up and down violently. When you turn up the rebound, then it gives more resistance to the extension of the shock shaft and won't allow the wheels to extend back down as quick which helps prevent wheel hop.

It is very interesting though to see someone have evidence that shocks can prevent wheel hop big time, since lots of people overlook them and/or insist to change absolutely all the other stuff first.

I don't know if it's bad to have shocks turned up that high.. my guess would be you're ok. Those springs are pretty stiff for the rear so you yourself will be absorbing big bumps more than a softer suspension. Big bumps aren't really good to hit no matter what. Like mentioned above, the higher they are turned up, the slower your suspension will bounce back.

Quick Reply: what should my konis be set to???