Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS Thread Size???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS Thread Size???

Ok...real quick question....I need to know the thread size of the fitting that screws into the rear of the master (rear brakes) and the fitting that comes off the ABS block (that goes from the block to the rear of the car). I need input quickly....I need to get my car back together....lol....

-Dave
Old 06-04-2009, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave,

Give us a call if you need fittings. We can supply them to you. I can ship them out to you as early as tomorrow.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 06-04-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Restricted User

Alright...so I'm looking for a inverted flare fitting a M10 to an M12...does anyone know where to get step up fittings?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I mentioned on the phone, there is no such fitting made for what you're trying to adapt. I would have no need to even custom mill anything like that, nor would I invest the time into it.

Use the correct fittings and stay away from adapting fittings one size to another. ...even how you adapted your other port...there's no reason to do things this way. You mentioned you had the stock fitting...use it. If you don't have the proper line, I can supply that to you as well.

You can have a fitting custom milled, but it will cost you probably 70-150.00 for setup, time and material (at least).
Old 06-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
As I mentioned on the phone, there is no such fitting made for what you're trying to adapt. I would have no need to even custom mill anything like that, nor would I invest the time into it.

Use the correct fittings and stay away from adapting fittings one size to another. ...even how you adapted your other port...there's no reason to do things this way. You mentioned you had the stock fitting...use it. If you don't have the proper line, I can supply that to you as well.

You can have a fitting custom milled, but it will cost you probably 70-150.00 for setup, time and material (at least).
Ok...not trying to rain on your parade or anything...but we must be thinking of two different things..because if I could use the stock fitting I would...if I could adapt the line to fit with the stock fitting (which is for a different line diameter) I would. My question now arises....do you carry the correct size fitting to thread into the front most hole on the master (which is larger than the other) that would fit on a 3/16" line? Otherwise I would need to create a new brake line from the master to the rear distribution block....or just have a double inverted metric flare made....

Quick Reply: ABS Thread Size???