Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Please help - in Miami 1100 miles from home and problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009 | 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

good to hear you'll be back on the road quick
Old 06-17-2009 | 09:14 PM
On The Tree

i hate to say it but your gonna have to demand they fix it to the point you might have to make a seen to let then know how serious you are.......hate to here it.....hope you get to enjoy atleast some of your vacation
Old 06-17-2009 | 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like I said, most likely you'll need a law suit. It's not only your suspension repair, as well as the body damage due to the suspension problem.
Old 06-22-2009 | 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Just wanted to give an update on this... i've been on the road and just now got to a place with wifi.

The valet manager ended up taking care of me. He met with me, then reviewed his security tapes. He never told me what he saw on the tapes, but after he viewed them he wrote me a check to cover the bill from the repair shop, the cost of the bushings, and the cost of the rental car for the 2 days.

The place that fixed the car was able to pop the fender and nose back into place. It shocked me how well it went back together... so cracking of the paint at all. Im fairly picky about my car, and i would never be able to tell it ever happened if it weren't for the inner fender whell being a bit mangled up.

Im now sittin in tampa enjoying the rest of my vacation.

Last edited by z28mccrory; 06-22-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-22-2009 | 03:33 PM
Launching!

Wow, thank god for security cameras. Did you get a polyurethane bushing?
Old 06-22-2009 | 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

I love managers that do their job well. Im glad that you didn't have to pay a penny
Old 06-22-2009 | 04:43 PM
Launching!

Awesome, glad to hear it all worked out. Let's just hope the valet received more than a slap on the wrist for this.
Old 06-22-2009 | 09:00 PM
Launching!

Glad everything worked out for ya, and that kid should be fired
Old 06-22-2009 | 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TransAm12sec
Wow, thank god for security cameras. Did you get a polyurethane bushing?
They were Noltec bushings, that i believe are poly. It was their "HD" Radius Rod rear bushings.

Im assuming the valet that parked/retrieved(same guy) was fired. I didn't see him after the night the incident happened, and everyone else i saw the whole time.
Old 06-23-2009 | 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

And I would talk to the Hotel Mgr. about comping your hotel stay, Just because the Valet is a seperate co. does not relive the Hotel of responsibility. The time you had to spend fixing your car came out of your vacation and you should be compesated for it. Let the Mgr know you intend to go as far up the chain as possible over him/her and will get the local news involved..usually Mgrs have no problem keeping the customers happy.
Old 06-23-2009 | 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't go that far... it's not the hotels fault. the valet company paid for their mistake.
Old 06-23-2009 | 03:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your vacation now. It's good everything got taken care of.

As for going after the hotel, if the incident ended up delay your whole tip and you've to pay any expenses bcuz of this, I'll go after them. If not, it's cool you got everything covered already.
Old 06-23-2009 | 05:29 AM
TECH Addict

Man what a load off. This thread was a crazy read! I didn't see it ending the way that it did. Thank God for security cameras. I wonder what really happened? ...and what a small world for the dude up on the pole to recognize your car from this website
Old 06-23-2009 | 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ThoR294
I wouldn't go that far... it's not the hotels fault. the valet company paid for their mistake.
I agree. I can't believe he got everything paid for. That must have been one hell of a tape!
Old 06-23-2009 | 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I agree. I can't believe he got everything paid for. That must have been one hell of a tape!
Yeah they actually went above and beyond what i expected. I didn't even make a scene in the lobby... i just went down there and nicely asked to speak with the manager.

The hotel manager gave me a big discount on the room for the 2nd night, which helped a lot. Normally the rooms were around $200 a night, and she discounted it down to $80 a night for me.

Overall i think im satisfied with how things were handled. They covered the costs involved and thats enough to make any reasonable person content.
Old 06-23-2009 | 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Did the shop ever say what might have happened? If the valet guy hit something wouldn't it have damaged your rim/tire if it had enough force to bust that bushing?
Old 06-23-2009 | 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Did the shop ever say what might have happened? If the valet guy hit something wouldn't it have damaged your rim/tire if it had enough force to bust that bushing?
I didn't have much time to talk to them. They just said that it would have taken a jolt in reverse for it to happen. Im thinkin they backed over the lip of the parking "cell" thing that the valet uses. Its hard to describe, but basicly imagine a parking spot that has a lip on each side of it thats a few inches tall. Not tall enough to hit the body anywhere, but tall enough to grab the tire pretty good if it were backed over leaving the parking spot. When the valet manager took me down there i noticed a lot of tire marks on the edges of them.
Old 06-23-2009 | 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, that doesn't sound like fun. I used to manage valet parking for two restaurants. When accidents happened and it was our fault (such as your situation), I'd notify the necessary players (restaurant, insurance folks) to get the situation taken care of. On the other side of the coin, it wasn't fun trying to appease customers when I knew for a fact that it wasn't our fault. We would get people two days later that hit stuff on the road and then blame it on us. If I got an expensive/sporty car that the owner took care of, I'd never beat on it (driven quite a few goats to boot) because I knew what it was like to work for something that you take pride in. I look at this story and realize that its people like the valets down in Miami that screwed it up for honest people like us. I'm glad you got your car fixed for free, thats the way it should have been. I never valet my car because I know how easy it is for people you don't know to get away with murder. Secondly, I have been stranded with car damage on vacation before as well, and it ruined my whole week. In the end, I had to pay. Be glad, and enjoy the rest of your trip!

Last edited by Tuffguy610; 06-23-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: .

Quick Reply: Please help - in Miami 1100 miles from home and problems