Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

A arm removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A arm removal

A guys i m having a problem removing my drivers side a arm i was wondering are the bolts on the back of the a arm supposed to come off when u remove the lower nut
Old 06-18-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your talking about the lower A-arm then the bolts should come out (they need to in order to remove the A-arm)
Old 06-18-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the rear bolt (vertical) has to be knocked out the top, and the front bolt (horizontal) has to be knocked out to the front. The front bolt may be hard to get past the steering rack (rubber boot) but it'll go. I found with mine that a couple of the bolts must have been slightly rusted, and took quite a bit of "encouragement" (aka: force) to get out .
Old 06-18-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The forward bolt is the camber adjustment bolt and the rearward bolt is the caster adjustment bolt.

The caster bolt head will hit the inner fender unless the A-Arm is pushed almost all the way in.

The camber bolt removal will require you to turn the wheel all the way to lock one way and remove one side and then all the way to lock the other way to remove the opposite side. Like said above, it's a tight fit, but it will come out.

Quick Reply: A arm removal