Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS Delete

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Delete

Can someone give me the low down on this? I've got staggered rims and my ABS doesn't seem to like them to much.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's not too much to discuss that hasn't already been said.

We've designed a kit years ago which enables the end user to remove the ABS controller and ABS bracket and replace it with new pre-formed lines and an adjustable proportioning valve to regain bias controllability.

Give us a call if you need assistance. Orders can be placed online 24 hours a day. Kits ship within 24 business hours.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I got my ABS delete kit from SJM - works quite well for me, granted my car is in no way, shape, or form a daily driver anymore.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

I've had it deleted for years and never had a problem just look around and buy the complete kit and you are good to go.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whats the difference between the hurst style and the regular?
Any downsides to this?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ABS delete kit here from SJM on both cars.just got done last week on the 35th.feels good and cleaned up the engine bay without it.just finishing the install on the blk one this week.get it and install is simple awesome product and great customer service from Steve@SJM.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Yeah...same question ^^^^ what's the difference between the two?

Also, it seems the kit will only work if using the line lock kit. Why? I'd like to delete the ABS, but have little interest in the line lock ability, as I don't drag race anymore. The car is used for corner-carving only now.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Pick your poison. We offer both configurations for folks who already own either style solenoid.

If you do not own the solenoid yet, both work similar with functionally no discernable differences. Difference in cost is due essentially from the solenoid chosen.

If you like the way one looks over the other...that would be the primary reason why one should make their choice, not on function. From a cost perspective, obviously, ours is more attractive.

We sell the kits to be used functionally with a solenoid. The solenoid structurally holds the lines, if you do not want to use the solenoid, you do not have to wire it in, and it would act essentially as a union that structurally holds the lines in place. Our solenoid and electrical kit is a 40.00 option, so it’s not something that is overly costly. You could custom connect the configuration without the solenoid, you need to come up with something which will create a mounting point for the lines. They should not be left unsupported.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, so you must add the Linelock kit for this to work?
Damn. I'm an M6 and have no use for line lock.
Do you guys offer a method for connecting the two, support the lines should not be a problem for me.
I would LOVE to purchase a plug and play kit from you guys without linelock.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by question
Damn. I'm an M6 and have no use for line lock.

I would LOVE to purchase a plug and play kit from you guys without linelock.
Why wouldn't you need a line lock being M6. unless you don't race the car at the track. I and am M6 an I use mine all the time at the track. much better than trying to power brake the car to heat the tires.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:02 PM
FormerVendor

My question was the same as dschmittie1. The line lock enables users to have a much more controlled burnout. It reduces stress on the driveline and removes associated problems with powerbraking/wearing pads warped rotors etc.

You can bypass the solenoid rather easily but its still a nice feature to have. ...Especially for only 40.00 more.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Why wouldn't you need a line lock being M6. unless you don't race the car at the track. I and am M6 an I use mine all the time at the track. much better than trying to power brake the car to heat the tires.
Generally I just rev it up to 3k and dump the clutch, I'm not going anywhere when that happens.

How do the braking character of the car change?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

If that works for you, than no sense in trying to convince you that you need one. Personally, once most use one, they generally wonder why they never had one installed in the past.

Braking characteristics...You have more control since you can adjust your brake bias. If you've changed your cars braking system dramatically or even changing tire sizes...it’s not setup for the OEM configuration anyways.

As I describe as a loose analogy, change the cam in your car and not tuning your engines computer would be like changing the braking system or varied tire diameters and not tuning your ABS system. Problem is...you can't tune your ABS system...so it’s not configured optimally anymore.

The only other change is when you lock your brakes up or you do something that causes your pedal to pulse...you won't have that annoying pulsing pedal anymore.