Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What basic suspension compents do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What basic suspension compents do i need?

So i would like my car to eventully run mid to low 11s and wanted to know what suspension compents would help me get there. My car is an 02 t/a a4 i was thinking about lca, sfc, relocation brakets, torque arm, and torque arm relocation so its not mounted on the tranny did i miss anything? I plan on using h/c/i to hit 11s and maybe some spray later on to push 10s. also im planing on runing a moser 12 bolt if that makes any difference. Thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 97ta383
So i would like my car to eventully run mid to low 11s and wanted to know what suspension compents would help me get there. My car is an 02 t/a a4 i was thinking about lca, sfc, relocation brakets, torque arm, and torque arm relocation so its not mounted on the tranny did i miss anything? I plan on using h/c/i to hit 11s and maybe some spray later on to push 10s. also im planing on runing a moser 12 bolt if that makes any difference. Thanks
You want to look into a set of adjustable shocks to help transfer weight as well.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
It all sounds great! But seeing how you are using a aftermarket rear end I would suggest keeping the factory spring in the rear (for clearance purposes)
And go with a good adjustable rear shock like a QA1 and then go with a coil over on the front to help you transfer weight a lot better! Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer! (I will just post the website and then you can look to see if there is any aftermarket suspension parts that are of interest to you as well)

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...te4rcm1jrml6j4

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-07-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice!!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice!!
Your Welcome! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: What basic suspension compents do i need?