Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sway bar questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sway bar questions

Has anyone ever tried mounting a front end sway bar on the rear of their F body? I have been talking to a friend about this, because you cant get a rear bar thats as stiff as the front sway bars available. The measurements are all pretty close exept over all width.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firemech21
Has anyone ever tried mounting a front end sway bar on the rear of their F body? I have been talking to a friend about this, because you cant get a rear bar thats as stiff as the front sway bars available. The measurements are all pretty close exept over all width.
There's a really good reason for that. You don't want one on the rear as stiff as the front. The rear isn't as heavy.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a few other bar types out there that people use which go stiffer than the huge *** drag bars from BMR and other companies. I think Wolfe has some sort of drag bar that does something crazy to pretty much eliminate body roll....

The rear swaybars are shaped perfectly to attach to the body mounts and to the axle while clearing the middle of the rear end. Did you see if the chassis mount points were even the same length, never mind mounting it to the axle points.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Eibach,s have elimated my roll
Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up UMI Performance!

Originally Posted by firemech21
Hello
The reason for the front bar being bigger/heavier is to be able to handle the weight up front and still give you great handling performance. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...7ckubcsrhelu16

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Sway bar questions