Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

removed front sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know im goin to get some sway. i just wanted to know if there was a mod i could do like getting a stiffer rear bar that would keep it from swaying so much at hish speeds. i realize i have two choices. im not putting the bar back on. i just wanted to know if anyone had any experiance with this and had some valuable input. im not looking to fix anything i realize its not going to handle like it did before. so again if you dont have any helpful input then dont bother.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Junkie

So much for trying to help.... unfortunately I don't give pats on the back. Good luck with your problem
Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
You took off your anti-swaybar and now you get sway at speeds and want to know how to fix that?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

You guys and these sway bar threads drive me nuts...

I wont argue that a removed sway bar is in some way better or safer than one installed for high speed maneuvering... BUT I GUARANTEE that my F-Body with no sway bar will still be WAAAAY safer during a high speed maneuver and can corner harder than say... my wife's suburban! Or 90% of the other cars on the road for that matter!
Old 07-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by z28bryan
So much for trying to help.... unfortunately I don't give pats on the back. Good luck with your problem
in what way did you try to help?
i dont hhave a problem its not a big deal. i just wanted to know if there was some way to improve the situation. if all you want to do is put someone down then go to the ricer forums with all the other wanabees
Old 07-11-2009, 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want to go fast in a straight line, go buy a train.

If you want to go fast around turns, drive a car.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

You took off your anti-swaybar and now you get sway at speeds and want to know how to fix that?
Everything you do to get more weight transfer is going to hurt your higher speed stability. Your best bet is to get stickier tires...

Seriously dog, real men don't even drive with front tires, save some weight everything is in a perfectly flat, strait line in this world.
LOL this whole post was sig worthy, I had a hard time figuring out what made me laugh more to put in the sig. OP, maybe you could rig up an intricate system of ropes and pulleys to disconnect the sway bar on the fly. If that won't work I would look into some solenoids or possibly pneumatics. Possibilities are endless...
Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kalebm22
in what way did you try to help?
i dont hhave a problem its not a big deal. i just wanted to know if there was some way to improve the situation. if all you want to do is put someone down then go to the ricer forums with all the other wanabees
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i do not have time to stop and disconnect the bar when i pull up beside someone on the street.
This is your first and main problem. Under no circumstances is it OK to street race. I'm not talking about the quick little aggressive launch away from a light like we all do once in a while, I'm talking about the I need to remove the front bar so I can launch hard with a 6000 rpm clutch dump. This is never OK.

Seriously man, put the bar back on, save the street racing for the slow-*** ricers. If you want to run it do it safely at a track.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
This is your first and main problem. Under no circumstances is it OK to street race. I'm not talking about the quick little aggressive launch away from a light like we all do once in a while, I'm talking about the I need to remove the front bar so I can launch hard with a 6000 rpm clutch dump. This is never OK.

Seriously man, put the bar back on, save the street racing for the slow-*** ricers. If you want to run it do it safely at a track.

BINGO!!!!!

Furthermore, if you don't want smart-*** answers, try not to ask REALLY dumb questions.........
Old 07-12-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

If you'll just increase the power level sufficiently to pick the front wheels up, you can leave the bar hooked up with no problem!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by fleetmgr
If you'll just increase the power level sufficiently to pick the front wheels up, you can leave the bar hooked up with no problem!
well the more power i add the more of a problem traction is. i just cant get it to hook and i have 335/35 17s on the back. i have lcas, relocation brackets, and adjustable shocks. but it just doesnt want to bite. i can only get a 2.14 60 ft time and spin well past that
Old 07-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
BINGO!!!!!

Furthermore, if you don't want smart-*** answers, try not to ask REALLY dumb questions.........
how is my question dumb? i just wanted to know if there was any secrets to getting rid of the shake at 150. but nobody wanted to help they just wanted to flame me. which makes you all look very mature. i take it you all got picked on in highschool and it makes you feel better to try and be bad asses on a forum. good luck with that
Old 07-12-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check rear swaybar endlinks to make sure they are tight and in good shape, also check tire pressure as well. These will amplify the sway. FWIW my car isn't setup to handle, it has skinnies, and no front sway bar and it doesn't sway at high speeds. Its most certainly no corner carver but it isn't dangerous by any means. Hope that helps.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how is my question dumb? i just wanted to know if there was any secrets to getting rid of the shake at 150. but nobody wanted to help they just wanted to flame me. which makes you all look very mature. i take it you all got picked on in highschool and it makes you feel better to try and be bad asses on a forum. good luck with that

I was going to leave you alone but now you just asked for it. WTF are you doing at 150 on the street to begin with? Regardless if you have the bar hooked up or not this is unnacceptable. I know you are not fast enough to be going that fast down the track. You need to go buy yourself a turbo neon and just be done with it.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
Check rear swaybar endlinks to make sure they are tight and in good shape, also check tire pressure as well. These will amplify the sway. FWIW my car isn't setup to handle, it has skinnies, and no front sway bar and it doesn't sway at high speeds. Its most certainly no corner carver but it isn't dangerous by any means. Hope that helps.
hey thanks for the help bud ill check those things and see if that helps. you are the first person to try and help out. i appreciate it!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
I was going to leave you alone but now you just asked for it. WTF are you doing at 150 on the street to begin with? Regardless if you have the bar hooked up or not this is unnacceptable. I know you are not fast enough to be going that fast down the track. You need to go buy yourself a turbo neon and just be done with it.
haha your just making fun of 90 percent of the people that own f bodys. your ignorance just makes me laugh.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

We all did help you, but you want a different (non-existent) solution. You want stability at high speeds? You need a road race kind-of setup. The more the drag oriented you get the worse its going to be.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha your just making fun of 90 percent of the people that own f bodys. your ignorance just makes me laugh.
I don't do 150 on the street, and none of my F-body friends do either. We save it for the track. It might be possible that your assumption is out of line.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Restricted User

We all did help you, but you want a different (non-existent) solution. You want stability at high speeds? You need a road race kind-of setup. The more the drag oriented you get the worse its going to be.
where did i say i wanted a road race setup. i just wanted to know if there was a way to make the car more stable without putting the front sway bar on.

Quick Reply: removed front sway bar