Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Heater hose as torque arm bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Heater hose as torque arm bushing?

A few days ago I bought a used BMR adjustable torque and it didn't come with the bushing. I just ordered the bushing from BMR, but it wont be here until monday. I was wondering if any1 ever used heater hose at the end of the torque arm(the BMR has a 1.25" round end on it), and gotten by. This wouldn't be perminate.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN
A few days ago I bought a used BMR adjustable torque and it didn't come with the bushing. I just ordered the bushing from BMR, but it wont be here until monday. I was wondering if any1 ever used heater hose at the end of the torque arm(the BMR has a 1.25" round end on it), and gotten by. This wouldn't be perminate.
The housing for the bushing is still square, though. How would you modify a round hose to fit a square housing?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is what I was going to say... the clamp for the bushing is the same and I don't know if you could get it to fit properly. Can't hurt too much to try though, especially since it is just a few days
Old 07-15-2009, 12:12 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't believe that this will work. You would have to fill up the rest of the clamshell with something to take up the space otherwise its going to be very noisy and could possibly damage the torque arm.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, I'm just going to run the stock torque arm until the bushing comes. I don't want to damage the mount or torque arm so I'll just hold off. Hopefully UPS isn't as slow as usual. As long as it's set to go racing next week I'll be ok.